Haste perks should be visible to your opponent while they're active
Just had a Jason DC almost immediately in a match with 4 party streamers because he thought a Lara was subtle cheating, she had Dramaturgy & used it while line of sight was broken.
In the future if a player has haste it would be wonderful if the perks granting Haste were visible in the bottom right corner of the screen similar to Dissolution.
Comments
Would this be map wide, when in chase, or a certain radius from the person using haste?
I worry perks like fixated would be ruined for stealth because if its a radius they will just get called out by a perk pop u because of haste when walking.
Would this also include showing killer haste to survivors?
Perks like devour hope, no ed, PWYF
The issue is, if this was implemented cheaters would just activate the perk using their cheats and the symbol would appear anyway, solving nothing but highlighting when a survivor used a haste perk and giving the killer more information.
Only in chase.
Yes, survivors can see killer's Haste perks as well.
But now that you mention Fixated & Devour Hope I realize seeing the individual perk icon may not be a good idea.
Having the generic Haste icon in the bottom right of the screen would probably be better.
This won't change false accusations of cheating either way.
I mean whenever someones been subtle cheating and I think I've caught onto it, I normally report it with some context (usually saying I'm not sure if it was). I've had a few positive reports from this.
That said, I've never flat out accused the player. I check the build first for haste or aura reading in the extreme cases it happens, then if there is none I usually put a report in just incase.
better to be safe than let others deal with it just incase.
This would just make cheaters have easier time to hide their cheats as some others here said.
Still the problem here was not that the killer player did not get the information but the killer players quick jump on the "he is cheating". Just shows either the person has no real knowledge of what cheating looks in this game or he thinks anyone who plays better than him is cheating.
I've thought about this idea before, but maybe just apply the stream effect you get from Blight Serum to any survivor or killer currently going faster than their base speed? Not sure if cheaters could find their way around that system, but in a way if they give themselves 3-5% haste and don't get the effect, even if it's difficult to tell if they are actually faster them not having the visual effect would be suspicious