Doctor Update - Thank you on behalf of my friend.

I have a friend that likes to play DbD with me on occasion. She's not really into balance or anything like that, she just likes to do gens and laugh like a goblin if she gets a pallet stun.

However, she has pretty signifcant sensory issues, to a point where matching into a single Doctor game would usually end the session for that night. She'd tough it out, bless her, but afterwards would need to go decompress, despite wishing she could continue playing.

The toning down of his VFX wasn't that noticeable to me, but when we were messing around in customs to test Jason, we also tested Doctor to see how it was. After a full game of me chasing her, shocking her, doing all the Doctor things, she was really happy, saying she felt absolutely fine and was shocked at how much of a difference it made (pun not intended).

While it didn't affect my play personally, I'm very grateful all the feedback around Doctor was taken into account. You've done at least one player a great favour. May she goblin laugh after many more pallet stuns.

Thanks BHVR <3

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Like you I play with a friend who has issues, but his is Nystagmus, Doctor's skillchecks going around the screen are still a huge issue.

    While it's part of his flavour I do have an alternative request for BHVR: Let us make the skill check ui bigger, would help so much with that kind of issue for him. it's way too small especially as we've gotten higher and higher resolutions.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    Like you I play with a friend who has issues, but his is Nystagmus, Doctor's skillchecks going around the screen are still a huge issue.

    While it's part of his flavour I do have an alternative request for BHVR: Let us make the skill check ui bigger, would help so much with that kind of issue for him. it's way too small especially as we've gotten higher and higher resolutions.

    Absolutely! UI scale should be standard in all games.

  • We have it currently but it doesn't really do much to the skill check size, the alternative would be to lower the res but that would just make the game a nightmare to see for them.

  • I need whoever downvoted this to tell me why.