How's Jason

How is Jason for everyone? Do you think he's fun and strong?

Comments

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4089577#Comment_4089577

    It's more it is just a sign that it's day 2 or so and people on both sides don't understand the power fully. Of course some know a lot about it, but everyones still learning. I don't think we should discredit opinions on either side just over that, maybe it's a sign his power isn't clear enough (I personally love the mist tell as I've come to learn him)

    As I keep saying I've been really enjoying him so far, but I'm noticing my casual friends are really struggling against him, it'll probably get easier for them with time.

    I just think also the people who are already good at him, are going to be even better when they optimize him, most people I watch play seem to settle on he is really good at tunneling/omnipresent evil is overloaded, not to mention I see that a lot here too so far.

    I think there is good opinions to take from both sides.

    I agree they could make the descriptions of the counter play more clear for players. Sometimes it's not explained well.

    I don't agree his OE is overloaded. I see it a lot here as well, but as I mentioned before, most these people complaining don't even know about crouching. It would be like me complaining about Spirits phasing while I'm sprinting around and not even knowing she can see my scratch marks. It would be hard to take my opinion seriously.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4089582#Comment_4089582

    I agree they could make the descriptions of the counter play more clear for players. Sometimes it's not explained well.

    I don't agree his OE is overloaded. I see it a lot here as well, but as I mentioned before, most these people complaining don't even know about crouching. It would be like me complaining about Spirits phasing while I'm sprinting around and not even knowing she can see my scratch marks. It would be hard to take my opinion seriously.

    OE I'm not in a great place to comment from playing as him, coz I havn't even been able to play much as him coz of the queue times. Like while people I've seen complain "He is like springtrap" playing against him doesn't feel like that at all, I love the little red light green light of OE you need to do.

    I will say I know people say his perks are meh, but I've been loving rampage (mainly coz I eat so much dirt playing killer), so zooming after people in revenge as unknown has been really funny with enduring/brutal

    Deffo the best killer release to go against in a long while for me. I wonder if he'll be able to be added to 2v8 at all.

  • @MilkToast said:

    How is Jason for everyone? Do you think he's fun and strong?

    he's weak against the strong and strong against the weak so he's solid b tier people crouch walking in the beginning makes tough

  • @zonkednb said:

    My experience with Jason on both sides has been interesting.

    Yes, he's strong. Yes, his kit is bloated. He's still sinking in so I'll not conclude too much.

    Playing as him, he just feels satisfying to play. Not much to elaborate on here because I feel most people find him fun to play as, especially now I've had games beyond my one lag-fest PTB experience.

    Against him is where it's interesting, because this is where there's more varied opinions - although the forums are definitely leaning more towards the negative. The biggest issue I can see with him is just how long games against him are if he's not winning. I think this ability to stall with high map pressure plus counterplay that forces people off gens has led to the real problem here.

    No matter how good you are against Jason in chase, he has far too many chances to get you or a teammate. I've picked up a bit of a knack here or there. One of the main ones is sticking your gen during OE if you have two resources you can make should he arrive. Yes, you'll end up taking chase, but you're the teammate with the best shot at getting away or delaying him significantly. The rest of your team on less safe gens can then keep working. I tried this a few times to pretty decent success.

    The problem arises from how forgiving it is to rotate as Jason. So many times I'd make it to a decent loop, and Jason would just drop me. Many other times Jason would drop multiple chases until he found which survivor he was most confident he could two tap, then just did that. Meanwhile, every instance of OE was causing gen slowdown because people have now learned the counterplay but don't seem to be applying it in moderation.

    I maintain that he's not OP in a vaccuum, but he's a significant skill/knowledge check to the entire survivor team, so if the team has a weaker link, it becomes very hard to win. I do enjoy playing against him, but even me, a survivor who's honestly not that good, find myself losing less because I'm being taken out, and more because one or two people on my team are getting picked off fairly early.

    If anything was to be nerfed, it would be increasing the CD on OE. I think I could handle that as it would force Jason to somewhat commit to the chases he gets. It should at least be about as long as his haste.

    This is very good advice. After playing against him a lot for the last couple days, I’ve realized that trying to avoid getting into chase during his OE is usually a bad idea. It’s giving him pressure off gens that will bite you in the long run. I know people hate SB but frankly, it’s a great counter to Jason’s style. I will sit on a Gen during OE, then I tap it with blast mine and just wait for him to show up. Then SB away, and take chase. If there’s a pallet nearby the Gen I’m working on that’s already been dropped, I’ll put ChemTrap on it too.

    You just have to have a game plan for when he shows up. Staying on a gen knowing he will find me instead of teammates who are maybe injured or have more hook states than me is also good. It kind of forces him to either go after me or wonder around blind in the fog if everyone else is crouching.

    Personally I like the added strategy layer his OE gives to survivors, but I feel it requires team coordination which majority of the role doesn’t have. I have the tools to do fairly well against him, but at the same time, I understand him feeling a bit bloated because I have to bring an entire build to counter 1 out of like 43 killers.

    I will say that at end game his OE is… basically impossible to deal with. If it’s just you or one other person the game is so painfully slow because you can’t crouch forever to avoid him. And trying to get hatch against him or the gates is really rough too. I’ve managed 1 hatch escape against him in the past couple days with probably 3-4 hour gaming sessions where majority of them are Jason.

    Overall, I do find him fun to face personally. I think he could use some tweaks like a cooldown on OE or spear replenishes but I like the added layer of strat he’s brought.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4089587#Comment_4089587

    OE I'm not in a great place to comment from playing as him, coz I havn't even been able to play much as him coz of the queue times. Like while people I've seen complain "He is like springtrap" playing against him doesn't feel like that at all, I love the little red light green light of OE you need to do.

    I will say I know people say his perks are meh, but I've been loving rampage (mainly coz I eat so much dirt playing killer), so zooming after people in revenge as unknown has been really funny with enduring/brutal

    Deffo the best killer release to go against in a long while for me. I wonder if he'll be able to be added to 2v8 at all.

    Yeah he's been the most fun to play as and against for me in a while. I never thought about it as red light green light but that is very accurate lol.

    The problem I have with Rampage is the same reason Hubris isn't good. Against decent survivors as soon as they see you trigger it a single time, they are never activating it again. I see them as basically a hex perk that gets auto cleansed as soon as it triggers once. Imo is needs a trigger in your control like kicking a gen. Then it could help basic m1's that have no map mobility.

    Something new I just realized on my last match against him is that his body while in OE still has collision with the map. Like how even when Spirit is phasing she moves grass. So you can see him moving through grass and what not.

    He also kinda reminds of a lot of playing against Hag oddly.

1 2 3 ›