Tomes

Bring back the Tomes challenges.

I'm having a lot of fun playing old Tomes challenges I haven't completed simply because of the variety involved.

The daily challenges are boring and repetitive and honestly does anyone actually read the stuff they replaced challenges with from Tome 23?

The Tomes at least had generic challenges as well as specific killer and survivor challenges so you could play characters you don't normally play and try them out by doing a challenge with them.

Not a good change.

Comments

  • Good change because people were doing whatever challenges they had instead of playing game, I remember when there was some crazy challenge for totems like 15 or 20 and first few days whenever I went solo q surv we had at least 1 person who was just running around and cleansing totems. Also they were kinda paywalled since for some challenges you need certain characters/perks. Sometimes said characters were licensed.

  • Replacing the Tomes with Quests was such a downgrade to be honest. I get why they made this stuff automatic, but honestly, since the change, I barely look at the rift or the challenges anymore. I just play the game and get the Rift Rewards and fulfill the quests, so I basically look at all the Skins of the Rift, unlock them without really noticing and never use them.

    Challenges are also super boring, it was more fun have to use certain characters or Perks. Nowdays the quests are basically "Play X games". For some reason BHVR decided to replace the innovative Tome system with the most generic thing they could find, probably because of the surge of new players with the FNAF chapter, since it happened around the same time.

  • I agree that the passive quests are really non-interactive and boring, for sure.

    But I'd still take them over the chaos of my teammates (and me, really) essentially throwing to get weird stuff done every time a new tome came out.

    If they did bring it back, they'd have to do it more thoughtfully.

  • I do think its boring that we lost tomes but honestly its worth it instead of having the devs make an entire new quest tree with new charms instead they can allocate it to more important things when we already have SO MANY tome quest

  • The quest system on top of the tomes would have been a nice addition for special occasions like events or different gamemodes.

    The removal of one of the most unique meta progression systems ive ever seen is a shame and i have no clue who made that decision or why. The resources you have to invest into a tome are roughly the same so that vouldnt be a reason i think.

  • I find the milestones never feel like they are worth doing. Like i can finnish an entire rift, nearly 2 months in advance, by just logging in and doing dailies, and the new quest pages that pop up. The milestones don't give you any incentive to keep playing, as their rewards are less than what you would earn in a single round.

    So far i find the dailies to be an improvement - quick things that can be done in a single round so you don't have to stay on long.

    The quests just seem to increase the pace of the game making generators faster and teams more efficient. While the quests are also being done too fast. As the tomes could atleast give you stuff to do for hours.

    The milestones meant to be longterm goals to keep playing for, have 0 incentive to finnish them and take extremely long.

  • OP doesn't remember the days when you'd have whole matches ruined by everyone going for weird side objectives instead of trying to participate in the game and Survivors giving up because they couldn't do their stupid tome quest to open 45 chests or hide inside the Killer's TR for a calendar year.

  • I recently finished the survivor-side of the tomes. Luckily i got the only-no-mither-challenge on the first try (playing normally, not hatch-camping), but the hide 60 secs 10 meters next to the killer did throw some games. So while i will finish the killer challenges (curse you double puke hits), its probably not healthy for match quality.

    I understand that people want something to do. I also want that. But despite that im happy that i dont need to grind to finish the battle pass. And im happy that there is no incentive to throw matches.