Compromise Perks (Machine Learning and Help Wanted) should work on multiple gens
Currently the value of compromise perks is extremely situational at best, and I think the idea of them is really interesting. I would love to see more, but right now it is kind of annoying to try and run.
With that in mind, I feel like the easiest solution could be allow two gens to be compromised. I think that is a fair number that would boost activation just a bit but not an insane amount as if it activates each gen completion.
- Perhaps once a compromise gen gets completed, the other compromised gen stops being compromised as a form of balance.
Additionally I think these sorts of perks should have two effects, like how Machine Learning has haste (+8%) and undetectable for 60 seconds but Help Wanted only has reduced basic attack cooldown (-25%), which isn't a bad effect but I feel like is not as good as haste + undetectable.
Thoughts anyone?
Comments
Definitely agree on Help Wanted needing a buff. Its strength is not comparable to Machine Learning at all.
I think it would make more sense to implement this feature as a support bonus on a different compromised generator Perk. As a baseline change for compromised gen perks I think it would make triggering them a bit too reliable, it kinda defeats the downside of them. But as a support Perk like Jagged Compass IMO it'd fit perfectly.
Help Wanted should be one of the first Perks to get a buff accounting for Diminishing Returns and might've been a major motivator for the feature behind the scenes. If the bonus becomes 40% for example that would make its Diminishing Returns synergy with STBFL/Keep Them Waiting almost the same as pre-Diminishing Returns, but would be a big buff to Help Wanted's standalone power. Still not sure it'd be good but would be much better than currently.
As for a proposal for an extra gravy effect for Help Wanted: I think permanently increasing the amount of time required to open the Exit Gates, like Remember Me, feels thematic for the Perk.
That could be nice, though in regards to the extra effect of increasing Exit Gates, it seems even more situational as it requires the last completed generator to be compromised.
The easiest addition I can think could be haste as it pairs well with reduced attack cooldown, but I know that would be too similar to Machine Learning. Maybe it could cause survivors to scream / reveal around the killer (24m/32m/TR) when the compromised gen gets completed for some information. Aura reading could also be good if they were willing to try that out.
The info addition could be a play on the phrase "Help Wanted", looking for others.