Is this a "Lag Switcher" or "Bad Ping"?
Mods: I'm not naming and shaming anyone in this clip. The purpose of this clip is to experiment with the community and see which side is picked more (see below).
Link:
https://xboxclips.com/NMCKE/510bb1bd-3180-431b-a7c1-412583abcb56
Now, we all have those moments where you're like... Was that bad ping or a lag switcher? I'd like to see what you guys will pick in this scenario because honestly, a lot of our community cannot tell the difference between bad ping and a lag switcher. This should be a interesting debate since both sides can be argued.
Link:
https://xboxclips.com/NMCKE/510bb1bd-3180-431b-a7c1-412583abcb56
Now, we all have those moments where you're like... Was that bad ping or a lag switcher? I'd like to see what you guys will pick in this scenario because honestly, a lot of our community cannot tell the difference between bad ping and a lag switcher. This should be a interesting debate since both sides can be argued.
Comments
I believe that's the case of the mystical teleporting clown. He really doesn't like it when people use pallets.
This is definitely not a lag switch, if it is, then I am really surprised.
When lag switch happens, it looks like the very fabric of the universe has been violated. Crazy things start to happen.
Also, I don't think that you can easily lag switch like this and then quickly go back to your normal internet connection. That was something like a second lag spike either from killer or survivor, and I believe that it is from the survivor but I am not sure.
Is it possible it was a graphical glitch, too? It looks like even though he looked to be going to the side, he was actually moving forward. With lag switches, you're like flying through the ceiling and stuff. xD
Something was weird about the clip you showed, too, but from what I've experienced everyone will run in place. I've even had my character fall through the roof, I was lagging so bad.
That is almost definitely just a 'lag spike' (the connection was broken for a second there and a couple of packets were dropped). This'll be more common on consoles where people are typically using wifi instead of a wired connection. If you're ever unsure though, you can feel free to report them. We'll take a look into it, we can tell if it's just lag or not.
No, thats just a laggspike
You are the one connecting to the host, so guess you get banned too then?
The killer is offering a hosting service. You see the ping before the game, by going into the game you accept that your connection to the host is miserable but you wanna play anyway