BHVR Doesn't Understand 4.4 Killers
With the new Jason PTB and The Trickster rework releasing I have noticed the sheer amount of 4.4 killers we have now which is 10 out of 43 killers (Hag, Huntress, Spirit, Slinger, Blight, Trickster, Chucky, Springtrap, Vecna 2.0, and Jason)
Now many people do not see this as a problem due to the fact that some have mobility and a powerful chase ability such as Blight, Spirit, and Vecna. And I agree with that THESE are well designed 4.4 killers with a reason to be slower than average. But what about the rest of them though?
Hag is a setup killer with no reliable way of getting around the map with multiple easy ways to counterplay
Chucky is small with semi-reliable stealth making him hard to pre-run at times
Huntress Trickster and Slinger typically stays on one side of the map due to the lack of mobility. Many people will state that Huntress can injure people reliably from across the map, but Trickster and Slinger cannot so why would they be 4.4?
Springtrap has a weird gimmick of transferring between the two speeds
The only killers who should be 4.4 are killers with reliable mobility and a strong chase power about half of these killers have neither of those so why are they 4.4? Some of them aren't even extremely lethal in chase. This then leads into the fact that the gameplay loop of these killers becomes extremely boring due to 4.4 abuse
Survivor runs to pallet > ranged killer pulls out weapon > survivor greeds the pallet | This can waste a very long amount of time for the killer if they guess incorrectly
Prerunning + Exhaustion perks against many of these killers you can do either of these to get behind a wall and waste TONS of time if the killer wants to spend 10-20 seconds catching up to you with no way of hitting you
If Huntress, Slinger, Trickster, Hag, and Chuck become 4.6 they will NOT break the game in any capacity if anything they will feel more balanced to play as and against
Edit: Spelling Errors
Comments
As a Huntress main I'm torn on this. I agree that 4.4 is a bit much given I have to play with 4.4 as well as an additional slowdown on M2 use, when it feels like it should be one or the other. Additionally, I hate that playing a 4.4 in a game in which looping has become staple meta is comparable to ripping out toenails and calling it enjoyment.
That said, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I do think Huntress needs some adjustments upward as alot of killers do in line of how much haste and loop meta has been pushed, but I don't know if 4.6 is the answer honestly.
Huntress, Slinger, and Hag all suffer from fundamental core issues representative of the age of their designs. 4.6 won't actually 'fix' them, but I"m also utterly terrified to see BHVR so much as fart in the direction of Huntress after seeing what they did to Trickster and Myers. Chucky I understand the 4.4 because the looping meta is complicated by his difficulty of visibility. Trickster was just a mistake and they will see his playrate tank over time as a result.
But 4.6 feels almost unnecessary, in part because I think it would create a tidal wave of survivor's saying things like 'You got a buff shut up' if someone discusses the hitbox nonsense with Slinger and Huntress, or the ease of removing hag traps. So I suppose it depends on a mixture of things?
4.4's most foolish defender reporting for duty, I am willing to die on this hill: I'd much rather balance Killers around downsides than balance them around removing their downsides. Being worse at falling back on basic chasing fundamentally makes Killers more interesting to play as and against. I think you need to make a MUCH better case for removing it on so many Killers' kits than moving some B tier Killers to A tier.
If bad traversal is genuinely a downside that Killers can't be healthily balanced around right now, then I think the game pace is what needs to change instead.
At the very least Hag and Slinger should be buffed to allow Slinger to get to his chases, and to allow hag to setup her area properly or straight up making it harder to get rid of her traps
This is a really good point. It adds more texture to the game and lets the devs play with them more for them to have weaknesses .