DC penalties and bad internet

Hi everyone.

Sadly I have really bad internet the last days. Sometimes it goes off for 5 times a day… And now I get DC penalties all the time, even tho I'm someone who has maybe disconnected on purpose for 5 times in nearly 10 years. Is there a way the system can track if it's a connection loss or a DC on purpose? If not, could something like this be implemented in some way?

Comments

  • @Echelonia said:

    Hi everyone.

    Sadly I have really bad internet the last days. Sometimes it goes off for 5 times a day… And now I get DC penalties all the time, even tho I'm someone who has maybe disconnected on purpose for 5 times in nearly 10 years. Is there a way the system can track if it's a connection loss or a DC on purpose? If not, could something like this be implemented in some way?

    Sadly, no. i too have this issue, it counts as leaving no matter what. its really frustrating. I do hope it works for you soon

  • @TropesDaMan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/468048/dc-penalties-and-bad-internet

    Sadly, no. i too have this issue, it counts as leaving no matter what. its really frustrating. I do hope it works for you soon

    Hopefully there is some posibility in the future. It really hurts :(

    Thank you, I hope for you aswell!

  • @Echelonia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4084136#Comment_4084136

    Hopefully there is some posibility in the future. It really hurts :(

    Thank you, I hope for you aswell!

    No Problem! have a wonderful day!

  • To add a bit of context for why they can't just differentiate dropped connections vs deliberate disconnects:

    They can actually detect this, however there's no way of knowing whether it's an ISP issue or if someone manually turned off their connection. Removing DC penalty for a dropped connection essentially gives players free reign to DC whenever they want simply by switching off their router for a couple of seconds.

    People used to do this to preserve their win rates in some games back in the ancient times of the late 00s and early 10s.

  • As other commenters have explained, it's not possible for them to differentiate between intentional and unintential connection losses for the purposes of preventing pentalty evasion.

    Although, I'd love to see them pursue a "rejoin" system in the future, where you can reconnect to matches and take over from the bot again if your connection issue resolves. Outlast Trials managed a similar feature and it works pretty well, although DbD has a much older foundation to work with, so I don't know if it'd ever be possible.

  • It's in the FAQ

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/4497940181652-Disconnection-Penalty-Matchmaking-Locked