Why is farming so common and what do you think about it
Sometimes I just want a normal game, farming is tedious.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't have an issue with it myself as it happens rarely from what I have seen, there are no rules about being nice to each other and I will just do the gens and leave them to it if I am not in the mood.
I used to DC as survivor if the killer wants to farm because I don't want to play a boring hold-M1 simulator. Nowadays I just go afk and check in 10 minutes if the exit gates are open and I leave.
As killer, Idc and just kill survivors, I don't farm with anyone.
I can't relate to it being common at all.
But i think it's fine if all participants agree to it.
There's no purpose in tryharding in these situations other than prove you're really frustrated.
Edit: Oh yeah and I'm like NurseMainBTW, if something goes wrong like that then I just help out the remaining survivors.
I had 4games last night where the killer wanted to farm on PC. While I'm not complaining as a new player to PC and in need of BP ... I've never had that happen on console.
This was when the huntress achievement was still 100 hatchet downs I farm it up with a couple of survivors and in return I let them get the 4 man Hatch escape achievement
Or if there's only one or two survivors in the game because we're going to both mate piss poor blood points anyway making the match and waste of our time
It's fine honestly, as long as everyone is okay with it in that match, there's no harm done.
I find it boring but if i see that all the survs aren't into playing and just want to farm i might join them.
I'm only against it when the killers is visibly against it and 1/2/3 survs throws the game and then blame the killer in the chat when they are the one who ruined the game for everyone.
I think it's fine, I usually play normally but every now and then I will try to farm as Doctor
I don't see ANY farming games outside of events or a lot of bloody party streamers (and even then they will more likely play the same)
I dunno maybe I shouldn't mind. Today I met the same killer twice, once he spared me even tho I offered to die. Second time I was at escape gates and it was the same killer. I felt sorry and obligated to go back and farm a bit with him. Plus it was Billy Whisky.
If something like someone dc'd before the game begins or I get a daily for a certain killer I don't like cough Trapper cough, I'll typically let the Survivors get points. They have add-ons for some Killers that seem BUILT for farming (padded jaws for Trapper, speed-limiter for Hillbilly and Leatherface, mirrors for Michael, although those do have an extra effect. EDIT: There's also party streamers.). I generally don't like tryharding as it is in games anyway.
As Survivor, I'm also fine with it. Both sides get points, which is what it ultimately comes down to. The game is very grindy, and, especially for someone like me who wants to get EVERYONE leveled, farming just gets us more points a lot easier.
On the other end of the argument, it DOES make matches less exciting, and said matches tend to take longer since everyone is getting bloodpoints.
If either survivors or killers start the match with sole purpose of framing then it's bannable.
Honestly, it is not nearly as common as it used to be. In the past 4 months, I have only seen it happen twice (one of which was after a real match). In any case, I dont mind. If people dont want to farm, they can just leave after generators are completed.
They are far and few between for me so I don't have a problem with it. Def not as fun as a regulare match with a good killer
I'm like okay than, at least I get faster my Spirit to P3