Coldwind at Night
Due to the lightning bug in the PTB you can see each map without their Realm Lighting for a short time in the end screen. This is Coldwind at what seems to be night. Why did they ever change it to bright day anyway?
Due to the lightning bug in the PTB you can see each map without their Realm Lighting for a short time in the end screen. This is Coldwind at what seems to be night. Why did they ever change it to bright day anyway?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The change to bright day was presumably done to a) give the realm a unique look, and b) mirror the hazy southern gothic aesthetic of the TCM movies, which was the inspiration for the Hillbilly's character and lore.
Also, there were endless complaints back in the day that it was impossible to find survivors hiding in the corn when it was darker.
Here's cowshed
Idk personally I never had that issue as killer back then. But yeah, TCM makes sense
wow it actually looks quite nice, the new one hurts my eyes.
I mean it’s not a corn map exclusive, any bright map with the newer fog tends to have this grating effect on the eyes.
Those look fantastic. I wish that's what they really looked like.
Maps should have a variety of different skybox imo
I'd love this effect on Eyrie of Crows more than on Coldwind, though to be accurate this isn't so much a style of lighting as a lack of lighting. OG Coldwind was really hard to see anything on at all because of really dense shadows and dark textures everywhere, especially if Survivors brought Murky Reagents or the old brightness offerings (I'm so glad they removed those before I started playing).
That's Eyrie of Crows