The Ghoul will never not be frustrating to go against
I recently come back to DBD after a few months away. And it no longer feels this game is won by skill for either side in any game anymore. I always seem to escape games to great killers. While die to dreadful killers. I am not great at the game I am very average. So this is not me declaring to be a DBD god. But something is wrong as this game is the furthest it’s been to being skill based.
Now we come to tthe ghoul. He is the most frustrating thing in the game for me. Several games I have had him. And the free hit every time just depletes half your energy. I been playing lucky break of late. And have lost him in chase but if he spots you from a far distance again and his back on you in seconds. It just feel like he is the most unearned killer the game has ever released. I don’t even mind going against S tier killer like nurse or blight. Nurse is frustrating as you have to change you game play from looping. But her power is a skill to learn. While ghoul is an auto lock on first hit. And if you lose them he doesn’t have to fear as he can travel 26 miles in 3 seconds.
Comments
You aren't alone. The entire community as a whole feels the same way about the ghoul. Hell i even have them at p100 and refuse to play them until something changes to make them more enjoyable to play against, as im not kidding 50% chance the whole lobby starts dcing, standing at hooks, or staring at me like i kicked their dog the second they see me. So im waiting for a rework or something..
As for why i have them at p100, big fan of Rize from the anime, not really interested in kaneki himself lol
To me his most problematic thing is his cooldown. Like they never have to conserve their power, it is always available extremely fast, unlike legion who waits till they see someone first, rather than using it for mobility to get to a chase, then immediately in a chase lol
Best way to put it is the state Ghoul is in and has been since launch is irresponsible of the team, it needs addressed and the game would become a lot more enjoyable on survivor side consistently. As for Ghoul mains, I feel bad for them as ofc they want to play their killer, but i don't feel bad for the ones who play into the fact they are OP and BM everyone for a power trip.
In short, it needs dealt with ASAP, let's not have another blight situation for years where you're ignoring it for the sake of it.
Ghoul needs the Skull Merchant treatment. Nerf to oblivion and leave him in the trash bin.