We could be getting Crystal Lake

There is a series coming out called Crystal Lake, so why wasn't there Camp Crystal Lake coming out with this chapter's anniversary? You could name it Camp Blood like the locals did.

Crazy Ralph probably appeared on the bicycle in 13 hours stream spreading news to the clueless survivors warning about the death curse surrounding Crystal Lake.

Could we perhaps be getting this map one day?

Comments

  • So, Jason Universe apparently does not want to use the early movies, to avoid any more lawsuits.

    The reason why might be because Paramount also has a claim on the first 8 movies.

  • I don't think we can. This Jason can't even have his Voorhees surname apparently.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I don't think we can. This Jason can't even have his Voorhees surname apparently.

    He can, but not in overt marketing. He's called Jason Voorhees in the press release but only Jason ingame because of the Chapter title. It's the same Jason from the films but its just intentionally obfuscated for legal reasons. Per example, his addons reference a variety of iconic kills from the movies with basically no margin for misinterpretation.

  • I don't think it has anything to do with the licensing issues. As you said, this same group is releasing a series called Crystal Lake. I think they wanted to release Jason for the anniversary event and simply didn't have the time or resources to create a new map in time. I hope and expect one to be released down the road.

  • It's weird cause the Cabin that they revealed Jason with had a screenshot clearly rendered in the game engine, implying it has something to do in game we didn't see in the PTB?

    The man himself Mathieu Mcote was very direct when asked about a Crystal Lake map and (paraphrasing) said the 10th anniversary has surprises he can't talk about.

    I don't wanna get my hopes up, but my hopes are up. Give us the lake!

  • Given the last two maps we got, im not at all hyped for another new map even if it is crystal lake or crystal lake related.

  • I heard somewhere the name Crystal Lake can be used so long as it isn't called Camp Crystal Lake. No idea if accurate, but seems on point for stupid licensing minutiae to me