Potential Energy
Would Potential Energy be to strong if you could not lose tokens when damaged? I get the risk reward part of it where you can do a safe gen and get some charges to deposit into a harder Gen to complete. But I just feel there are better generator perks and it could you a slight buff.
Comments
Many perks have a harsh drawbacks that makes them not really useful. Some of them are justified and others do not make sense at all.
Potential energy would not be strong If you could not lose charges but speaking about balance, It would not make sense that a perk like this do not have any kind of disadvantage while many others do to make things a little bit fairer ( considering both sides ).
Many perks could be better utilized If they didn't have many penalties.
There's a reason you almost never see anyone use this perk. It needs something. Considering you can farm an unhook and get permanent gen progress with reworked Fast Track, even crappy nerfed perks have surpassed Potential Energy. I'd love to use it because the animation is great, but I'm not sitting on a gen to potentially get zero progress because of one hit.
Potential Energy runs into a pretty big problem:
Getting value out of it requires coordination to leave a gen unfinished to farm stacks.
Except, if the survivors are coordinated, then breaking a 3 gen that the killer has overcommitted to is not that difficult and there are better perks at doing it.
So its a perk that requires something, but if the survivors have it, then it defeats the purpose of having the perk.
I am one of the few people that likely uses it regularly lol. I really enjoy the perk a lot. It does need something though.
I want to try using it, must be so satisfying to crack a 3 gen with it. Losing all the stacks to a hit makes it useless though. Not ever losing the stack would be a little OP though. Perhaps if on a hit you lose half/third of remaining stacks. Might make it more usable I.E. not a dead perk
Only time the perk was useful was when the bloodmoon was going on and you could use blood gens to get your charges full fast and then put them on normal gen. I did not really do any math of this but would think it would be quite faster to get the normal gen done as long as the blood pump, the blood gen and normal gen are close to each other. Used it few times during the event and it was ridiculous how fast you got tokens.
I geuss not