Spectate Random Games
I think it would be great to have an option to spectate random games. Sometimes you just want to eat a snack and watch a horror show rather than play it. Maybe you want to see strategies other people use. Either way, I’d love to be able to use the spectate option without having to die first.
As an added perk, this option could come with a filter so you could choose what game conditions you want to spectate. Certain map location, certain killer character, high level or low level players, SWF games, etc.
Comments
Hmmmm, I’m not saying you’re wrong, it’s just that I don’t see how privacy would be a concern. As long as you’re not able to search for specific players or usernames, I think it’ll be okay. Maybe to play it safe, usernames are not displayed to non-player spectators.
My general idea is that you set filters like “high level”, “The Shape”, “Lery’s Memorial”, and then it puts you in spectate mode for a random game that matches (or nearly matches) you criteria.
If it’s more a concern of people connecting to someone else’s internet connection, then maybe this s an idea that could go into effect once the dedicated servers are up.
Ahhh, yeah that makes sense. Admittedly I’m not too savvy with this sort of tech stuff. Would the dedicated servers have any effect improving such security concerns, or is this just a never-gonna-happen pipe dream?
A simple checkbox to let players opt in/out would work