Vecna has very problematic design for solo queue.

I'm not saying that this killer is OP. Of course, against competency he will get flat out destroyed.

But as for solo queue, Vecna is an absolute abomination to this game, never have I seen so many 5 gen games in my life. You developers have said that the generators should be getting completed during every trial, this is not happening with Vecna.

We're having an issue where all you have to find is basic movement and the whole team becomes affected by it, now, legion has similar issues but gens can actually get done. I don't care if I lose or the team loses, but having no gens done?! This is VHS level design right here, people are not going to play this game if they know that they don't have a chance.

I understand why you designed Vecna in such a way, you want him to continually leave hooks and get value no matter what he's doing. But this is really affecting the lower end of DBD, now, unless you enable clear SBMM to the game this will not get fixed. I don't want Vecna nerfed, but we need a way better matchmaking system, I think with play while you wait this is the perfect time to add back Patrick's sbmm into this game before it's too late.

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • …which vecna? at no point does this post explain enough about what makes the killer OP that it specifies which of the two vecnas you're talking about.

    i could make an educated guess but i imagine bhvr's devs won't want to.

  • @kit_mason said:

    …which vecna? at no point does this post explain enough about what makes the killer OP that it specifies which of the two vecnas you're talking about.

    i could make an educated guess but i imagine bhvr's devs won't want to.

    Considering such feedback regarding D&D Vecna can be easily described as "absolute lunacy" I believe it's regarding Henry. And tbh I can see it as being true Henry is an absolute pub stomper

  • The First or The Lich?

  • This calls for some detective work:

    We're having an issue where all you have to find is basic movement and the whole team becomes affected by it

    It's a bit of a mangled sentence, but I'm pretty sure this refers to The Henry guessing Survivor basic movement through walls, and getting Worldbreaker on the whole team as a reward.

    I humbly propose we rename The Lich "Purple Guy" from now on, to ensure he is never confused with any other Killer again.

    Re. the actual content of the post, while The Forty-Second is a very strong Killer I'm not sure him being able to farm Worldbreaker off a weak link is that problematic as far as solo queue design goes? At least not compared to, say, a Blight or Billy tunnelling a weak link out, or someone having their first ever Sadako match, or someone not watching out for Ghostface at the start of a match.

    I could perhaps see a change where 4 Worldbreaker Tokens no longer allows Worldbreaker to be triggered off hits, and Creel just straight up damages Survivors in that state as if he was already in Worldbreaker? And make all 4 Survivors having Worldbreaker stacks trigger a permanent Worldbreaker, to ensure he's not locking himself out of part of his own power.

    But I'm not sure how much of that is actually solving serious issues with the character, and how much is just fiddling with something that doesn't need to be fiddled with.