Endgame Mechanic Idea for a Future Slasher Killer: Escape Car
Hi everyone,
With the recent mysterious teaser, I started thinking about what kind of endgame mechanic could be exciting for a future slasher-style Killer.
One idea I think could be really fun is a killer-specific endgame object: an escape car.
After all generators are completed, Survivors could enter a car and try to start the engine. Every time a Survivor turns the key, the Killer receives a loud noise notification.
The starting chance could work like this:
- 1st attempt: 0% chance
- 2nd attempt: 10%
- 3rd attempt: 20%
- 4th attempt: 30%
- and so on, increasing by 10% each attempt
If the engine starts, the Survivor escapes through the car.
However, if the Killer reaches the car and interacts with the door while a Survivor is inside, they pull the Survivor out with a unique grab animation.
I think this would create an amazing horror-movie moment:
The car will not start.
The Killer is getting closer.
The Survivor keeps trying one more time.
Everyone watching is screaming for the engine to start.
Even if the Survivor dies, it would feel funny, tense, memorable, and extremely clip-worthy. It would make losing feel like a scene from a slasher movie instead of just a normal down.
This would not need to replace exit gates. It could simply be a risky third escape option during the endgame: high risk, high reward, and very thematic.
I think a mechanic like this could make the endgame feel like the final scene of a horror movie.
Comments