Krasue Buff
Feel free to disagree with me on these changes - these are just my opinion.
So I just got Krasue and while I don't think that I'm good with her yet, my first impressions are that her infection is essentially worse Plague in exchange for fast mobility. Main sticking point is her infection going away on hook, forcing me to go through the whole rigamarole of marking survivors again and having it potentially work if I leave them alone. I think it going away reduces her effectiveness as a killer.
I suggest that instead of the infection being completely cured when a survivor is hooked, her infection reverts to leech 1 when hooked and starts recovering when unhooked. That way, survivors can still recover from the infection while simultaneously now being under threat of Krasue's pressure. A potential issue I see this causing is that it would encourage Krasue to focus down a survivor with the infection, but I think that's an edge case since survivors will typically get endurance and recover during that time anyway.
I hope BHVR reads this and that you guys think this is a good change. If not, please tell me why in a respectful manner, as I would like to discuss this matter further.
Comments
You yourself state why it was changed as it originally did not remove the infection but it caused tunneling. Thats why it was made so that infection gets removed.
Oh, I did say that, didn't I? My bad!
I was still thinking that the infection could be recovered over time instead if that's not what it did before, possibly faster when eating a mushroom. I think that the endurance and speed survs get from being unhooked is enough incentive for me to switch targets, but I know not everyone plays like me. As we both said, it creates the issue of focusing down survivors with the infection, but Plague can go for the same tactic and likely gets away with it due to the difference on how both killers down infected survivors.
I don't know how to tackle this issue - takes a better and smarter man than I.
The main problem with her power is that it works like this. You get infected โ you eat a mushroom to make it start get removed โ Krasue comes around and either hits you with her Regurgitate attack or hits you in her head form โ this causes you to be infected again and fully if the infection was not gone yet. Only good counter against her is being not infected when she is in head form as she has to hit you three times in that form to infect you so she can injure you or change form to Regurgitate on you and switch back to head form. Survivors use that against her by body blocking her when she is in head form chasing another survivor. You can't use the mushrooms in chase at all as she just needs to hit you again and you are infected. So even then they are just there to remove the infection when she is somewhere else.
Your example of Plague is not really the same as Plague does not have the mobility that Krasue has. Its hard to get anywhere from a hook that has nothing around it when she can catch up on your really fast.
She might be more interesting if the Mushrooms would work more like Freddy's clocks as then there would be at least some minor immunity to her Regurgitate attack and it would cleanse the infection totally after eaten. Would also open tactics as you could use them during chases thing that is not really a thing currently. Like the protection does not need to be long.
The problem is that Leech 1 still allows Krasue to off hook tunnel.
If Leeched after unhook WAS implemented, BHVR would need to implement a third tier specifically for that.
P100 Krasue here. She suffers from the same as Ghoul. She's pretty easy to play, while providing insane strenght at very low effort required. Current Krasue is clunky but you need a bit of strategy to play her, before it was just playing on autopilot with quick scamper and dissolution on every Krasue. I feel she can receive buffs or rework to the whole infection/fungi mechanic to be something more then just step for injuring. To make it so spreading infection actually makes some sense, rather than just people running to 100 fungi on map (I know 6), and removing your power entirely. With her heavy-oriented bodyblock counterplay it wouldn't be as problematic.