My problems with Slenderman as the Anniversary Chapter

Let me preface by saying: Slenderman (specifically the operator from Marble Hornets) is my dream chapter in dbd. He'd be a good fit for the game, the community wants him, hell, it's literally my name. Getting slender in dbd would be a total dream come true, not just for me, but also for my older brother, who got me into the game.

The only thing is, as much as I feel he would be a good chapter, I feel he's not right for the anniversary. While he is a good choice and is a fan favorite, someone like Jason would be perfect as the anniversary. Well liked, well known, and is basically the face of horror movies. Having Jason would be so much more thematically fitting than Slender would be. Jason has been possibly the number 1 choice for everyone speculating who's getting in the game because of how high the demand for him is. If BHVR really wanted to do something (as corny as it sounds) special for the 10th anniversary, Jason would be absolutely perfect.

Slender would make me jump with joy if I saw him announced in the line up. In my opinion, however, adding someone like Jason would be much more fitting for dbd, and possibly be better for the community as well.

That's just my opinion though. What's the communities thoughts on it?

Comments

  • @SLENDER4DBD said:

    Let me preface by saying: Slenderman (specifically the operator from Marble Hornets) is my dream chapter in dbd. He'd be a good fit for the game, the community wants him, hell, it's literally my name. Getting slender in dbd would be a total dream come true, not just for me, but also for my older brother, who got me into the game.

    The only thing is, as much as I feel he would be a good chapter, I feel he's not right for the anniversary. While he is a good choice and is a fan favorite, someone like Jason would be perfect as the anniversary. Well liked, well known, and is basically the face of horror movies. Having Jason would be so much more thematically fitting than Slender would be. Jason has been possibly the number 1 choice for everyone speculating who's getting in the game because of how high the demand for him is. If BHVR really wanted to do something (as corny as it sounds) special for the 10th anniversary, Jason would be absolutely perfect.

    Slender would make me jump with joy if I saw him announced in the line up. In my opinion, however, adding someone like Jason would be much more fitting for dbd, and possibly be better for the community as well.

    That's just my opinion though. What's the communities thoughts on it?

    What even would be his abilities?

    I don't really know anything about him, I think I watched a movie of him, but he basically only used illusions if I remember right. Besides that I know that he's able to use some kind of shadow-tentacles.

    At least from the things I remember he would be probably just a nemesis with illusions wouldn't he? xD

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/467238/my-problems-with-slenderman-as-the-anniversary-chapter

    What even would be his abilities?

    I don't really know anything about him, I think I watched a movie of him, but he basically only used illusions if I remember right. Besides that I know that he's able to use some kind of shadow-tentacles.

    At least from the things I remember he would be probably just a nemesis with illusions wouldn't he? xD

    I made a Slenderman concept some time ago. Granted, I have only surface level knowledge of the games, but I think it fits the urban legend well.

    @SoGo said:

    Movement Speed: 115% or 4,6 m/s
    Terror Radius: 28 meters
    Lullaby: 72 meters (non-directional)
    Height: Tall
    Weapon: Strange Appendages

    Power: Urban Legend

    „Strange drawings and notes started to appear around the forest. Some folks tried to collect them.... and were never seen again.“ [Unsigned note]

    Special State: Looming

    The Slenderman can switch between 2 modes: Looming and Pursuit. Switching between these states can only be done while not in a direct line of sight of a survivor and has a 10 second cooldown.
    While in the Pursuit state, you function as a regular killer.
    While in Looming state, your movement speed is increased to 6,0 m/s, you become invisible and Undetectable. You cannot interact with the enviroment or survivors unless using Jumpscare.

    Special Attack: Jumpscare

    When in the Looming state, you can preform a Jumpscare by holding down the M2 button. This causes you to become visible and freeze in place. If you do this in a LOS of a survivor, their camera swings towards you and Frightened start building up.
    Once a survivor is fully Frightened, you can preform an attack towards them which will teleport you right in front of the survivor, switches their camera to 1st person (similar to Sadako's lobby jumpscare) and take away one Health State from them.

    Special Effect: Frightened

    This effect triggers passively when a survivor looks at The Slenderman, and decays slowly while they are looking away. If a survivor spots you while preforming a Jumpscare, the speed at which it accumulates is greatly increased.
    It causes the survivor to start seeing everything except the Slenderman in a hazy, static-like way, as well as showing their direction to you. The more of it is accumulated, the harder it is for the survivor to flick their camera away from you.

    Special Mechanic: The Eight Pages

    When The Slenderman is the killer in the trial, only 6 generators spawn, with the objective being to repair 4 of them. The fifth one is replaced by The Eight Pages, which are hung up randomly around the trial. Survivors will become aware of this only when they spot you for the first time.
    When coming near one, the survivors have to remove it in a short interaction.
    Every time a page is collected, the map becomes foggier, the lullaby becomes louder and more disorienting, the speed at which Frightened accumulates increases, and your Terror Radius shrinks. All of these effects are reverted once all Pages are collected.
    You can see the auras of the Pages at all times, and you will be warned with an audio cue and Killer Instinct every time one is collected.

    Thoughts?

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4079067#Comment_4079067

    I made a Slenderman concept some time ago. Granted, I have only surface level knowledge of the games, but I think it fits the urban legend well.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/437340/killer-concept-the-slenderman-slender-the-eight-pages-chapter

    Damn nice job, that actually sounds like a great concept. At least from what I know it sounds probably fitting his abilities and it sounds relatively balanced, although we would probably have to try it to be sure :D

  • I'm surprised anyone even remembers Marble Hornets.

  • @Smoe said:

    I'm surprised anyone even remembers Marble Hornets.

    Best flipping show ever bro