Blindness should show auras of downed and hooked survivors
I don't know why such mechanic just exist to screw SoloQ
I don't know why such mechanic just exist to screw SoloQ
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You will always get the hook loud noise notification when someone gets hooked if you with that info can't find the hook then I don't know what to tell you. Pay attention when you are blind where that is. I have never had hard time find the hooked survivor in soloq even if I was blind as long as you pay attention to where the loud noise notification comes from.
The only perk that causes long enough blindness to make this be a hindrance is Third Seal. Which is a hex perk that can explode at any moment and also requires the killer to hit every survivor on the map for full potency.
So is it a big deal for this one mediocre perk to inconvenience people that can't find hook bubbles, can't keep track of where the killer is downing or hooking people? Not really.
What do you think blindness should block the aura of? What you are suggesting would take away from an already underwhelming status effect, and push killers more towards a meta. As it is, blindness is hardly worth running. This would make it much less desirable, whilst also holding a hand. Just paying attention will circumvent a lot of this problem. If downs and hooks are visible, what other meaningful auras are there, basekit, that blindness can block?
Personally I'd be fine if auras were visible but blindness limited a survivor's range of visibility to 5 meters, but I suspect that would be considered worse still. So what is the solution here?
When you were writing this, did you stop for a second to think which auras survivors see by default without using any aura perks? Because they only see aura's of downed and hooked survivors without using any perks. Technically you also see survivors aura when you are the one on hook but that's hardly affected by blindness. Your suggestion would make perk like Hex: Third Seal do literally nothing by default, which makes me believe that you thoughtlessly wrote this suggestion