Noticeable Downturn in Game Stability
Maybe I've just been lucky until now, but I've literally never had DbD crash until the latest patch.
Now, it feels like there's a 50/50 shot of crashing after leaving lobby once a match is complete. I get hit with the little window and an error message of "Exception_access_violation."
This is especially annoying when trying to pal around with a friend in 2v8 as killer. Playing as survivor while we wait has gotten us ripped out of the queue because of this, which really sucks.
I intend to submit a bug report via Betahub if this is not already on tehre, but I wanted to check in and see if this is something anyone else has noticed. For the record my drivers are all up to date and my game-file integrity has been validated via Steam.
Comments
Some other person on xbox was having troubles getting fully kicked out of the game everytime they click the continue button. (In the ask the community section). Other than that i havent had it happen to me (yet) ive played about 4 rounds only though since the patch.
The crash was happening upon clicking continue, booted out of the game to an error report, so it sounds similar, with the obvious difference of it being on PC and me getting the error report.
I'll see if I can repeat the issue tonight and grab a screenshot to go with it.
I am having almost similar issue but for me, dbd just closes midgame..and then I got the exception access violation msg too
Can you please provide screenshots, error messages, and information on what was happening at the time of the crash? Thank you for extra details!
If it happens again, I shall!
DbD has crashed twice for me too since 9.6.0 :/
tI can't put my finger on it but the game feels odd.
exit gates have a delay, we all know that but there's other things idk like stutters and things seem out of sync. as the scout I feel I'm revealing killers through impossible angles. Sus hits.
i usually just say I suck but strange things seem to be afoot
I've also been experiencing constant crashes; however, I'm fairly certain it's a graphics driver issue. I'm currently using AMD Radeon Adrenalin version 26.3.1, RX 6600, and it's extremely unstable on Direct X12 on DBD9.6.0. Moreover, when I change to direct X11 in launch options, I push under 20 fps, but I won't experience a single crash. (Mind you, before the update, I casually got over 100) What I think is strange, though, is that today I was able to boot into the main menu without crashing, without any display issues, and was able to even queue into a killer game. But the second I tab out of the game, it crashes instantly.
Here are my crash logs if it means anything
I really hope this is a quick fix, as it most likely is a driver instability issue, and I won't have to pump more money into my computer ๐
Ive had this experience too recently. Yesterday my game crashed mid game thought nothing of it but got off for the day. Today I was mid match (on rpd so it might be a blessing) and instead it bluescreened my pc. Tried again and it crashed during matchmaking (see attached ss) I checked multiple things that couldve been a problem and nothing came back positive so im thinking its a stability issue for the recent patch. Never happened to me before.