I have no words...
Now as someone who's been playing since the game came out I can attest to having put up with a lot of abuse from this game. But much like someone in an abusive relationship I think I've finally had enough.
I've dealt with all the terrible parts of dbd over the years on both sides. And I still played when dead hard was hands down the best perk in the game for years. I still played when there were infinites, when windows didn't auto block, when decisive was always active and all but a guaranteed escape on your first down (and when dribbling was used to counter this). I played when there were a million pallets and they took like 8-10s to break, when adrenaline was a heal to full, when stretched res was a thing, etc. I have played through every terrible decision/oversight in this game. I don't have rose tinted glasses, I think past dbd was far better because it was, it had it's own slew of issues but at least the game was slightly more fair (slightly).
The game is, objectively, already survivor sided. I can solo q in the top mmr, bring non meta, or just no, perks and loop the killer for a long time(/repair) and have 2-3 survivors escape consistently. Killer patrols, movements, etc. is all just game knowledge. With a few select killers (nurse) breaking this mold. If a survivor plays perfectly then the killer will not catch them (unless maybe they try and bloodlust but there are workaorunds to that) most killers have to sit there at wait for the survivor to make a mistake which is terrible design. And thats not even including all eight billion of the 2nd chance perks.
The game's pace is decided solely by survivors. In theory one survivor should equate to 25% of a killer's power, but that isn't the case. (Made evident by the dead "competitive" rules for dbd where it was 1v3) two survivors and it's iffy on who has the advantage 3 and 4 and it exponentially boosts up the survivors advantage. For example: a good, but unfortunately dead, game evolve. Evole was more balanced than dbd currently is (again not to say that it was actually balanced, I recall team wiping as a stage 1 wraith) one hunter against the monster was a wrapped and done deal. Two was an all but guaranteed loss as well. Three was a herculean effort to scrape out a win and 4 was mostly balanced depending on who was playing who.
They actually understood that in a 1v4 the 4 alone are supposed to be weaker. Dbd doesn't. People complain about everything killers do but you are supposed to be weaker than the killer. You are supposed to work as a team, whether you have comms or not, abd try to get as many survivors out as you can. As it stands 4 perkless survivors could clown on a perked up killer.
The adding of aura reading anytime a chase is started and anytime a survivor loses a health state is insane I dont have the patience to type out the million reasons why this is insane but if you don't know why then you're likely someone who thinks this was a good idea. At this point it keeps becoming less fun to play killer and a sweat fest just to accomplish anything (whereas even in the top mmr playing survivor is quite relaxing considering survivors determine the game's pace) And with all these terrible changes (basekit bt, removal of slug perks, cant grab off hook anymore, etc.) I see no reason to play this game anymore, Well done.
Whats that mr.strawman? I typed a lot for having "no words"? yes you're very clever thank you. I don't mean I have no ability to talk anymore, I mean there are no words in this language or any other that can properly portray my disdain, disgust, and now disinterest with dbd.
Something else mr.strawman? I don't have to announce that I'm leaving dbd to everyone because noone cares? An excellent point mr strawman, let me fill you in on a secret; I don't care if you care because suprise, this isn't for you. Go complain about survivors being underpowered because of exhaustion or something. This is for the devs (most of whom arent the original devs, and who dont care about anything more than keeping survivors happy so they can keep selling perks and skins) so that maybe they with have a revelation and realize that all these changes are ridiculous (unlikely)
What is it now mr.strawman? you're sure there are other ways to reach the devs and would only be visible to the devs? yes I agree, and I'm certain whatever bot/ai they have screening/reading those will fully appreciate my sentiment and not just give me a cookie cutter response and it won't actually be seen by anyone who might care.
That's all folks, I'm out until, or rather if, they make the game fun again without a million crutches for survivors. I'd say it was nice while it lasted but then I'd be lying about everything past year 3ish
Comments
The average kill rates are pretty much where the devs want them to be, so clearly there is not a massive problem with survivors being overpowered/killers being underpowered. They’re going to make the balance decisions based on the overall player base data, not individual complaints on a forum.
For what it’s worth, I play both sides pretty equally and I don’t feel like killer is underpowered except for going against coordinated SWFs with good players. In those games you either have to either use the strongest killers with meta perks and/or playstyles that survivors consider “unfun” to win. But other than that, I don’t have any problems getting 60% or better kill rates with the killers I play and I would not consider myself a great player.
Crazy to think that you really said that the game was more fun for Killer in the first 3 years of the game.
I bet he liked that 3 people would escape through hatch at 1 gen left, because someone got killed.