Aura Perks are Oversaturated
I’ve been noticing lately that a lot of perks on both survivor and killer sides include aura reading in some form, and it’s starting to make matches feel a bit too “always known.”
Part of what I enjoy about the game is prediction and uncertainty, but when multiple perks in a match are constantly revealing locations, it can start to remove that tension and make gameplay feel a bit stale. It’s not that aura reading itself is bad (it definitely has its place on certain killers), but when it shows up so frequently across different perks, it can feel like there’s less room for different playstyles. Maybe it would feel healthier if aura effects were a bit more specialized or less common in stacked builds.
Don’t get me wrong either, it’s something that affects both sides. Killers don’t want to deal with crouching-in-a-corner stealth gameplay, and survivors don’t want to be in chase within 3 seconds from a Lethal Pursuer Blight. There’s definitely a balance there.
I don’t play this game hardcore or competitively at all, and this isn’t about optimization. It’s more that there’s been this ongoing feeling where “fun” builds can end up feeling like a downgrade in terms of consistency, even if they lead to more interesting, engaging gameplay moments.
Curious if others are feeling the same, or if I’m just running into it more lately.
Comments
These are the conditions from perks that can trigger aura reading effects, not effects that will always occur in every match. This does not include killer powers. I did not include survivor perks where they can see eachother (probably its own issue, but not my focus here).
Actions that can trigger survivor aura reveals from killer perks:
Actions that can trigger killer aura reveals from survivor perks: