Brightness of Flashlights Triggers Migraines -- Dark Mode needed

This has been something, that's been an issue for me (and others) for a while now.

When I play killer I have to equip Lightborn to not get a migraine when they plan to flashlight me, or use blast mine or flashbangs on me.

The same is when I am playing survivor and other survivors think its funny to throw a flashbang in my face. The bright screen triggers migraines for me and I have to stop playing.

It would be nice if we had the option to turn the screen dark when that happens.

COD has that option already and I think it's a good thing to add.

Comments

  • Yeah it would be lovely addition honestly.

  • Yes I don't know why this isn't an option already.

    There is no gameplay tied to the blind actually blinding the player too.

    I personally can't leave the lobby without lightborn but not because of the brightness but because I don't react well to losing vision in games. When I move around wile being blinded I get dizzy so every blind is a stun for me. But I know this isnt going to change cause that's a part of blinding that needs to be there

  • I agree, I'd love to be able to just have my screen go dark instead. It was a big deal when BHVR reduced the flashlight toggle rate, old click speeds were a migraine trigger for me, and the blind is a lot less severe than it used to be too. Would be nice to just get the blind darkened if I want, too. One of the reasons I play a lot of DbD is that it's relatively dark and doesn't trigger my headaches.

  • @CameoDisappearance said:

    I agree, I'd love to be able to just have my screen go dark instead. It was a big deal when BHVR reduced the flashlight toggle rate, old click speeds were a migraine trigger for me, and the blind is a lot less severe than it used to be too. Would be nice to just get the blind darkened if I want, too. One of the reasons I play a lot of DbD is that it's relatively dark and doesn't trigger my headaches.

    yeah, i just played 2v8 and got constantly blinded (the survivors were good BUT some angles shouldnt be doable imho (like not being in my FOV and still getting a blind) and now i just had to take a migraine pill to combat it. a dark mode would safe so people from migraine attacks, etc.

  • Bringing this back because it is still needed. Playing 2v8 without lightborn is triggering migraines and it's sad to see that no one at bhvr cares about this and rather wants people who get triggered by the brightness to suffer or that they're not able to play with their friends, it seems at least.

  • My eyes are also very sensitive to light (due to a workplace accident), and I sometimes suffer from migraines. Whenever I get blinded, I have to close my eyes or look away from the game. I would also really appreciate a "dark mode" for those moments when I'm blinded.

  • Ditto. It's not as bad for me as it was, but especially repeat blinds utterly screw with my head. I know that it's necessary for blinds to, y'know, BLIND, but a toggle to make it a bit darker would be nice. Until then I'll just close my eyes and play by ear until the blind is over, or bring Lightborn as my comfort perk.

  • I would use dark mode and i don’t get headaches. It would just be a more pleasent experience.