Project 2020

Hello everyone!

I would like to propose a new Game Modifier called "Project 2020".

Many of us players truly miss the "feel" of Dead by Daylight before the 4.5.0 update. I’m specifically talking about:

  • The old movement and injured animations (the iconic hunched-over run).
  • Original Map Lighting: The grittier, darker atmosphere we had before the "Realm Beyond" updates.
  • Classic HUD: The old-school interface layout.

CRUCIAL POINT: This mode should NOT bring back the old broken meta. We should keep the current 2026 balance (modern Dead Hard, modern Ruin, anti-facecamp mechanics, etc.).

The goal is to enjoy the 2020 nostalgia and the classic survivor/killer movements without the frustration of the old unbalanced gameplay. It would be an amazing limited-time event for veteran players and a cool history lesson for new ones!

What do you think? Would you like to run like a 2020 survivor again?

Comments

  • "What do you think? Would you like to run like a 2020 survivor again?"

    image.png
  • I'd be down! Though I also don't think you can truly call it old DbD without all the broken nonsense on both sides

  • @gerolau said:

    "What do you think? Would you like to run like a 2020 survivor again?"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7ZIUKCKV9T7O/image.png

    Survivors are the ones who had a different running animation, I don't know what you're trying to imply here?

    To the wider topic: I think the 10th anniversary coming up would be a fantastic opportunity for a limited time "classic DBD" mode, but personally I do think it should include the old balance as well. It seems like a bunch of work for just some aesthetic differences, but it wouldn't be an outright bad idea or anything.

  • I'd be up for old Coldwind Farm and yes I agree I wouldn't want to go back to old DS and Hex: Ruin.