I feel like I do better against Blight and Nurse than I do Wesker. What am I doing wrong?

Wesker gets a lot of love for being balanced. I'm not here to argue community consensus.

I've read tips here and there, and trust me, there's no shortage of Weskers to practise against (I swear he's like every second game.)

But for some reason, I've a skill issue with him. I bait the vault and he stops just short of it and bodyblocks. I turn and move unpredictably and just get M1'd, same issue with using tight or round loops. I feel like most Weskers I'm facing are also just legitimately better at the game than other killers I go against.

Can anyone direct me to a more in-depth and up-to-date guide? I'm tired of watching him chew through both me and my entire team. I want to glaze him for being fun like everyone else but it's hard to do when I can't seem to keep a chase going above 60 seconds on good day. I'm hardly making good on that generous offer of seven minutes.


Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I somehow naturally got much better against weskers being a Rebecca main since her launch lol. There were so many tunnely weskers that i got used to "locking in" against them.

    Have to treat him like an m1 killer until he pulls the tentacle out. Then you treat him like a blight that cant curve to hit.

    Its also noticeable that he has a rather big lunge attack as thats how he usually gets u when he cant hit with the dashes, so sometimes its better to run through pallets you likely can drop, but the difference would be the pallets dropping and you getting hit anyway, and you running through the pallet for him to swing and miss. Of course it doesnt work every time as its very "rng" as to where hes standing, where you are, when he starts the attack, how close the pallet is n all that.

    But yea the main 2 points is to adapt to 2 forms of killer like u would with dracula. M1 form, and blight form. Thats about as easily as i can explain it lol

    As for the window vault faking thats just unlucky as they would get sucked into the window if they dashed right at it, so its more about listening if hes ready to fly at the window or not

  • @ShanoaLegendaryPlz said:

    I somehow naturally got much better against weskers being a Rebecca main since her launch lol. There were so many tunnely weskers that i got used to "locking in" against them.

    Have to treat him like an m1 killer until he pulls the tentacle out. Then you treat him like a blight that cant curve to hit.

    Its also noticeable that he has a rather big lunge attack as thats how he usually gets u when he cant hit with the dashes, so sometimes its better to run through pallets you likely can drop, but the difference would be the pallets dropping and you getting hit anyway, and you running through the pallet for him to swing and miss. Of course it doesnt work every time as its very "rng" as to where hes standing, where you are, when he starts the attack, how close the pallet is n all that.

    But yea the main 2 points is to adapt to 2 forms of killer like u would with dracula. M1 form, and blight form. Thats about as easily as i can explain it lol

    As for the window vault faking thats just unlucky as they would get sucked into the window if they dashed right at it, so its more about listening if hes ready to fly at the window or not

    'preciate it!

    I do wonder if I'm not greedy enough sometimes. I'm still getting the distancing down on when to pallet drop and although I've gotten more consistent, Wesker throws me off so badly. I do wonder if his running animation is part of it. He's tilted so far forwards it kind of messes with where I think he is.