The Average Player Isn't As Good As They Think (And That's Okay)
To start this off this isn't a role specific rant I'm just pointing things that I've noticed out from a neutral perspective.
The newer players aren't learning good habits in the game BHVR is patching around the bad one's and I think that's what a good portion of the egos and toxicity are coming from.
I see Windows of Opportunity and Lethal Pursuer as perks that are bad for new players for similar reasons. They replace moment to moment decision making and learning with being able to see the target in question. Why learn where things spawn and make decisions in the moment when you can just w key towards yellow/red? And the trend of patching over bad decisions bleeds into the perk design at least some extent.
Granted I know it's not the fault of the role itself or the people who play the role the survivor role has perks and design choices that reenforce poor mechanics and bad decision making.
Resurgence encourages healing under hook I see people try to get value outta it with the killer right there all the time.
The basekit BT while nice and probably necessary to some extent causes people to do things like stand in front of the killer to block the unhooker and stuff like that and unless they can run well enough to get away with that they'll go down again.
I see people run at the killer to force DS all the time.
All the while new gen progression perks get released and buffed.
The skill floor has significantly lowered leading to people getting egos and either DC'ing at first inconvenience and or lashing out with zero introspection at everyone but themselves.
I've also noticed newer killers actually popping the anti camp and stuff.
My whole point of this post is BHVR desperately needs to update the tutorial. BHVR instead of updating the tutorial which is an obvious relic from when the game was more like a hide and seek game instead of the cat and mouse game today. They'd rather patch around the mistakes new players might make through the perk design and honestly I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Comments