Snap Out and Mending ( Borrow Timed VS Doctor)
so I just realized you can't mend-ing when you at madness tier 3, what do you guys thinking about this?
so I just realized you can't mend-ing when you at madness tier 3, what do you guys thinking about this?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Finally doctor's madness 3 does something.
Some killers have good synergy with some perks and have hard counters as well.
Calm spirit is a good counter against doc for example, It is not the end of the world if doc has some kind of advantage over borrowed time.
From a survivor's standpoint, I am okay with this.
Hooray for Doctor!
Seems fine to me. Looks like unsafe unhooks will no longer be possible with Doctor.
On the topic of mending they really nees to fix the input lag. If you stop runninng and start mending with a second left it doesnt work because there's a delay. No problem I thought, I'll give myself more time next time. Start mending with a decent sized chunk of bar left but no it still doesn't register in time.
It's fine. With the old BT, you had to self-care instead of mend and you couldn't do that at madness 3.
i feel like this would only happen very rarely, so i dont really have much of a problem with it
So basically Doctor negates the BT buff (slightly cause chasing still doesn't down them)
At leats one thing that doc is good for
This is good. Makes tier 3 more useful and helps prevent unsafe unhooks. Besides it was kind of the same thing before the buff, except you just had to SC, something that you couldn't do in tier 3 anyways.
I call BS on it because it gives Doc a free BT counter on top of the free slugs he already gets because you can't heal a slug in madness 3. Not to mention he already has a very strong tool to counter hook saves (shocks).
I keep saying Doc is a broken unfun mess that needs a rework but no one wants to listen. It's outright stupid that he can stop you from doing things during the game to Snap Out. It's part of the reason he's the only killer than can legit stall a game at 3 gens indefinitely. No other killer can do this even if they run the same perks on Game and survivors 3 gen themselves (which on that map is almost guaranteed because of how small it is).
And NO, I do not think Doc is OP and YES I understand that he isn't a very strong killer. I'd be willing to buff him in other areas to make him more viable IF it means taking away this kind of BS where you literally just cannot do anything you need to do. No other killer does this, you can heal or do gens no matter what, but Doc can just make you not do it and hold the game hostage.
Doc needs a rework. Remove this sort of BS and make him stronger elsewhere (increase range/speed of shock for example).
Dude STFU, madness 3 is already insanely useful. Can't do gens. Can't heal. Can't use items. Constantly revealing your position. Waste time to Snap Out. That is plenty useful, and it ruins the game. I'd almost rather play against a FMT Legion than a Doc going for 3 gen, because at least the Legion game will end in 10 minutes or less.
The only other alternative I can see is to make it so you lose tier 3 upon being unhooked and cant gain madness while bt is active which would make the doc even weaker.
Madness 3 is already cancer to deal with on its own.
Huntress's power doesn't stop you from being able to do things though. You can still do gens, vault windows, and heal. Not being able to heal is a big deal when someone gets slugged. It's basically a permanent slug if you are in madness 3. And it's not hard at all for a Doc to keep your madness up enough to stop you from doing really important stuff like Mending or healing a slug, especially with add-ons.
No other killer outright stops you from doing things. Doc is the only one that does this and he is the only one that can legit hold a game hostage at 3 gens for as long as he likes. And yea, on most maps a 3 gen setup is survivors fault, but a lot of Docs like to offer Game where you can 3 gen very easily and it's near impossible to avoid.
Also I guess you missed the part where I said I'm okay with BUFFS to Doc if it means that you can actually do stuff like heal or Mend. Otherwise it's just a really lame experience for survivors because you can't do anything, especially when you NEED to do something. Devs said they don't like mechanics that take away control from the player, yet Doc does EXACTLY that.
I find this highly unfair as I just had a game where the killer was camping me and a team mate managed to save me with BT. I managed to get away but had to mend out of BT before I was put in dying state but I couldn't because I was in madness 3. I tried to get out of madness before BT ran out, but of course the BT timer is faster than the snap out timer and I was put into dying state, hooked and camped again. I will throw in there though that if a team mate was there they could have mended me and healed me before I tried to snap out, but there was no one around because they were distracting the killer for me to mend. Also all of them were in madness 3, so really no one could have helped even if they wanted to as they would have had to snap out before healing me. In the end im not saying that doc is unfair, just the fact that you must snap out before mend is whats unfair but of course this is all my opinion.
You all really having trouble staying at the edge of a Distressing Terror Radius to Snap Out of It first?