New Perk Type: Forgiveness/Sacrificed Perks

I think the dynamic gameplay experience of Dead by Daylight would be extended with "Forgiveness" perks that trigger when the player has entered an unfavorable experience. I'm not confident that my idea can justify creating an entire perk of classes, but I do see merit in the concept. There are two gameplay instances that come to mind:

  • Player A has reached second-stage on one hook state. ("Forgiveness Perks")
  • Player A is naturally second-stage from playing. ("Sacrificed Perks")

In both instances, the player has a weak impact on the remainder of the match because the risk of only having the perk until you are chased is very high. Failure signifies death. I like the concept of a perk that earns itself.

Here are a few random thoughts that come to mind immediately.

  • Forgiveness/Sacrificed
    • Gain the ability to self-unhook. (better for Forgiveness only, not for sacrificed—that would be OP).
    • Heal other survivors 50% faster.
    • Repair generators 4/6/9% faster.
    • Move 3% faster.

I know you have to factor in the impact that SWF groups will have on the perk design, but trading a hook stage for a perk to activate is a high cost that should not be overlooked.

I think it's unrealistic to have Forgiveness/Sacrificed perks in two distinct categories, but I really like the idea and find fascination in a perk that you earn throughout the match by playing the game naturally. The 2v8 gamemode already has something similar and I think we could learn by applying the same logic to 1v4 perk creativity.

Tagged: Perks

Comments