Grimoire Suggestion: Hitting a survivor directly with the light beam should just straight up injure
Recently, they revealed in the killer power prototype the beam of light projectile would first infect survivors with sin and THEN would start infecting them.
While I understand the design philosophy, I am getting somewhat tired of the whole "must infect survivors first and THEN you can injure them" powers. Seems like we have been getting a lot of those recently. I would prefer if the beam just straight injured survivors when it hit them.
If you need some suggestions on how the angel killer could still inflict sin on survivors, here are a couple suggestions I have:
- The beam of light leaves behind a trail of light wherever it goes (kind of like Pyramid Head's Trail of Torment). This trail is considered "Holy Ground". Survivors treading upon "Holy Ground" become afflicted with sin. "Holy Ground" disappears after a while. This would make the beam seem more like a unique projectile that can be used to cut-off survivors and/or make them second guess at loops, even if you miss.
- The beam injures survivors and "marks" the survivors when it hits. Marked survivors have sin build gradually, as they have been revealed by the angel and shown their sin. This is basically like Plague, but with different effects when their sin fully builds (they get sent to exile). Tbh I would much rather prefer a power that is similar to Plague's over "infect the survivor and THEN you can injure them" power.
Comments