Slugging comes in clutch sometimes

As Killer if I get a down and the avengers assembel I would always leave that guy on the floor and go for another chase, after I down the other guy sometimes the other teammate just finished healing the first survivor so I down them again and chase the guy healing them and usually get either the 4k or 2 hooks. I feel like if genrushing and SWFS are accepted, why do survivors get so emotional when the killer slugs, I find it fun so why do I get salt when I do it?

Comments

  • The slugged survivors don't really get to play and when people keep Slugging for what could be called stupid reasons people get ticked. Many many times justified.

    Slugging when they assemble to try and blind or something of the like? No one reasonable would complain.

    Slugging everyone then hooking or worse to bleed out? Kinda a frustrating experience.

    Slugging to use a slug as bait for the team? That slugged is definitely going to give deserved salt to you for pretty much not letting them play.

    Slugging the 3rd survivor to look for the 4th for that 4k? Stretching the game out unnecessarily.

    If you really want to know why, go play survivor as a slug for most the match.

  • Slug if there's another chase to take immediately.

    Slug if it's lategame and you need to put pressure elsewhere immediately.

    Slug if you are unsure who is around and risk a pallet/flashlight save, but don't continue after you're in the clear.

    Slug to avoid the risk of deli/4% (late game specific).

    The problem is none of these are fun to be on the receiving end of. Much like it's not fun to get one-tapped by a sniper in a competitive FPS. The difference is one is instantaneous (with a respawn timer) and the other is drawn out of 4 minutes at most, so there's time to grind salt into the wound.

    I'm of a mind, however, that as long as the game has mechanics like this, it's unreasonable to tell killers never to use them. The fact that a downed survivor has such a long bleedout timer shows a level of dev awareness that slugging is an expected interaction. Otherwise the final hit would pair into a grab automatically. Survivors getting salty is understandable, but calling you out for any of the above is unnecessary (although in some cases I imagine the survivors don't know your thought process thus presume the worst).

    I will say that exploiting slugging as a mechanic specifically to drag out someone's death is unreasonable.

    A question I will put out there is about my take on slugging to avoid a hatch spawn and secure the 4k: Yeah, it drags the game on for longer even after the killer has "won." But with no official win condition, some may see the 4k as the real win. Plus, if we want to blame the killer for dragging on the game needlessly by doing this, why are we not telling the survivor hiding for a hatch play to stop hiding? Surely they can stroll on up to the killer and let themselves get taken out. That would also end the game. Am I wrong about this one?

  • @Fixthisgamebad said:

    As Killer if I get a down and the avengers assembel I would always leave that guy on the floor and go for another chase, after I down the other guy sometimes the other teammate just finished healing the first survivor so I down them again and chase the guy healing them and usually get either the 4k or 2 hooks. I feel like if genrushing and SWFS are accepted, why do survivors get so emotional when the killer slugs, I find it fun so why do I get salt when I do it?

    I love how you got downvoted lmao. This forum is embarrassing biased toward one side only and it shows