Hitbox Query

This isn’t a complaint, more a genuine query.

Is there currently an issue with M2 hitboxes on Xbox as killer (and particularly in 2v8)? I am UK based and on Xbox Series X, and the Hillbilly chainsaw hitbox seems to be all over the place - sometimes I hit a survivor a metre away, other times I don’t hit a survivor who I hit perfectly. There is no ping showing and my internet is solid.

This issue seems to be almost entirely confined to the 2v8 mode as opposed to normal.

Comments

  • Played Hillbilly several times in 2v8 and haven't seen anything like this in the PC side but can't say anything of the Xbox.

  • dbd needs to upgrade their tickrate servers to 128tick at this point, the hitboxes are really painful

  • @azaxydbd said:

    dbd needs to upgrade their tickrate servers to 128tick at this point, the hitboxes are really painful

    At this point I don’t think it’s a skill issue either as I am connecting these hits without downs, it seems a genuine issue. Perhaps it truly is the servers?

  • @IndigoA said:

    This isn’t a complaint, more a genuine query.

    Is there currently an issue with M2 hitboxes on Xbox as killer (and particularly in 2v8)? I am UK based and on Xbox Series X, and the Hillbilly chainsaw hitbox seems to be all over the place - sometimes I hit a survivor a metre away, other times I don’t hit a survivor who I hit perfectly. There is no ping showing and my internet is solid.

    This issue seems to be almost entirely confined to the 2v8 mode as opposed to normal.

    Funnily enough.

    I was whiffing and missing on 2v8 killer was more than i used to before.

    Weather it was as ghostface, wraith or anyone else.

    I thought it was because of rust or skill issue.

    But then i see this and realised....this might genuinely be an issue.

    (I sadly didnt record any of it, idk why you would clip yourself missing numberous times)

  • Yeah it seems to be a new-ish issue as I haven’t struggled with this previously.

  • I’ve noticed this too. For me, it’s not just in 2v8, but also in custom matches and probably normal matches as well. What made a difference for me was playing with a higher ping. Somehow, the lower my ping is, the worse the hit detection feels.

  • The main issue I am having with Billy is that the survivor hitbox will stop me; as in I stop and my sprint is ended as it has connected with the survivor, however the survivor is not hurt/downed in the process. This happens frequently.

  • i think there is something weird going on. my shreds as demo hasn't been landing properly lately. i'll either hit someone further away than intended or the attack whiffs even though i am on their model. i am also bumping on objects that have abnormal collision even though it's a clear line of sight that normally could be lunged through, or you're expecting to slide past.

    if i can get more clips of this, ill drop them here. but i think ever since the henry release stuff has been ever-so-slightly off. for the record, i'm on PC, so i don't think this is an xbox-specific issue.

  • @IndigoA said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4057763#Comment_4057763

    At this point I don’t think it’s a skill issue either as I am connecting these hits without downs, it seems a genuine issue. Perhaps it truly is the servers?

    128tickrate would solve most of the dsync issues up to a certain high ping level.

  • I’m now very confident this is a genuine game bug so this probably needs to be moved into bug reporting.

    I just had a game where the survivors were miffed, and even after standing still, I still wasn’t downing them with chainsaw.

  • I can’t imagine this will ever be noticed or addressed so probably best if I just don’t play killer at all 🥲