The problem with Totems and one simple trick to solve them.
So back in the olden days Totems used to be touted as a Secondary Objective and certain perks like NOED was the threat that could be used to justify doing them, but these days I often get complaints from team-mates that doing totems is not worth it and calls me out for being detrimental to the team. Ofc such claims are hard to justify but fact remains that I did cleanse the totem and that proved everything to them.
Now I dont know exactly where BHVR falls on the purpose of Totems in the game right now.
But my assumption is its a mechanic that was theorized to have a purpose and did back when the meta was about totems, but now that has sorta fizzled out.
So I have an idea to make it more valid to Cleanse Totems and the answer is that every Survivor gets points when a totem is cleansed. Nobody would be against getting some more points and it would become worth it to do.
I think that would be much more effective for getting survivors to not be so pissy about other people doing totems and also reinforce the camaraderie and team-connectedness if everyone on the team got a share from their actions.
Speaking of which, I also think Gen Pops should award some points team-wide for Survivors.
But thats another discussion…
Can we try this BHVR? Can we try having Totems being cleansed give points team-wide extra to survivors?
Even as extra points or 50% to 75% would be great.
Comments