Please return tracked totems basekit to higher rarity maps (Or lower sharpened flint rarity)
I understand why maps were reworked, they were almost never ran because they were thought to be weaker than the alternative. But for a good while before the rework I had actually taken a liking to maps a lot, for a long time I did not run items and when I did finally start trying some out I really only cared for running maps. They were good for finding totems and generally just having a good way to get a lot of information and even sharing that information with an addon. While slapping Windows of Opportunity on them made them a bit of a stronger choice, the extra tracking it lost killed the point of bringing it in the first place. Most people would bring maps to find totems or to keep track of gens and that should have been leaned into more than the potential to help in chase.
Why not include totems, generators and exit gates in the regular basekit map and make sharpened flint be the addon that tracks pallets and vault locations. Or simply lower the rarity of sharpened flint so it can be found in the bloodweb a little more consistently.
Comments