Sadako buffs - Adding a negative effect when survivors are holding a tape and more.
As a big fan of ring 1998 and Sadako, I chose Sadako as my first killer main years ago. Sadly I stopped playing her a couple of months ago just because she's really weak especially in the current meta. I feel like Sadako needs some kind of buffs.
I know Sadako has gone through a lot of changes since she's released. I think her current version is quite good (Though her second version where every survivor not holding a tape got condemned when Sadako teleported was my favorite), though she needs a few buffs. One of the changes they made that i really don't like is that holding a tape no longer gives them condemned over time.
Right now good survivors will just grab a tape asap as then hold onto it until their condemned is high. Survivors aren't punished for doing this, they can just hold onto a tape for the entire match. I think holding a tape should give survivors some kind off debuff. It doesn't have to be condemned, but maybe something like blindness or obvlious. I think blindess and/or obvlious would already go a long way.
I also think that one of the biggest frustrations of playing Sadako is getting a survivor fully condemned, chasing them and the survivor just dropping the tape off in your face. Sadako can't counter this at all. I feel like there needs to be a change to make it so survivors can't do this. I have a couple of ideas to solve this.
My first idea is that if a survivor who's fully condemned drops off their tape, the condemned sticks around for a couple of seconds. This would make it so if a survivor drops the tape off right in front of Sadako, she has the time to get the survivor on the ground to kill them with her power.
My second idea is that if a survivor is holding a tape when they get fully condemned the tape breaks or dissapears. i think this change would be good because it punishes survivors for not getting rid of their condemned in time. Right now good survivors know how to play around condemned by just holding onto a tape the whole match. This change would make it so this strategy isn't as powerfull, since if they aren't carefull they'll lose their tape.
My last (and favorite) suggestion is one that I think would fix a lot of problems with the Onryo's kit: bring back breaking tapes. In Sadako's second version if Sadako hit a survivor carrying a tape, it would break. I think this should be brought back (ideally with blindness and or obvlious while a survivor carries a tape), because I think this would give Sadako an actual defense against survivors just hoarding tapes. It would also make it harder and more risky for survivors to only drop off a tape if they are fully condemned.
Comments
Powerwise I would like to see those changes:
→ Survivors holding tape are getting stacks passively over time - 1/30s
→ Replace spreading condemned from teleporting via TVs to spectral strikes, every time you manifest and attack survivor in short time spectral strike event occurs, this would cause 1 stack. If survivor holds tape, extra stack is applied.
→ Demanifested Onryo can pass through pallets, windows and breakable walls - same like upside down Vecna
→ Onryo no longer triggers visual lullaby
→ Fully condemned survivors suffer exposed
She needs