Items/add on reworks that would be helpful

I've noticed we have a few items/addons that are honestly a bit useless in their current state, and wanted to pitch some ideas on how to change a few of them here.

Fog Vials

  • When we got these, they got aggressively nerfed upon release. I'd like to see some balancing work where we go back and adjust the values again, perhaps making them more useful in certain situations.
  • Change number of charges based on rarity. Why does a rare vial have the same amount of charges as a common one? I'd be fine if this meant adjusting cooldowns a bit or something.
  • Adjust the opacity of the fog based on the rarity. Again, it doesn't make sense that they are all the same.
  • I'm sure there are more, but honestly these are so bad right now people are only bringing them as a joke. Make them a little more useful so we can see what addon changes could be useful lol.

Toolboxes

  • As far as the boxes themselves go, I don't really have an issue with the setup/number of charges/effects for each box. I see some areas that could be improved as far as addons go, though.
  • For whatever reason, the rare addons only affect hook sabotaging. It would be nice to see speed/additional charges in this range.
  • I'd also like to see some new addons, for variety. For an example, maybe one that makes more skill checks appear (instead of less) could be helpful for some survivors/certain builds.

Medkits

  • I understand why we changed the syringe, but I don't think it should consume your medkit on use anymore. It was one thing to nerf it that hard, but to still keep the price paid is kind of wild to me. Maybe have it use some of the medkit charges or something, but not the whole thing.
  • Styptic agent is nearly useless right now, and gives less value than the common bandages addon. I'd love to see this have some kind of different effect entirely. Perhaps something like recharging some of your bleed-out bar if you've been slugged or making the cries of the survivor it is used on silent for the duration of the heal.
  • I think there is a lot of opportunity for new medkit addons to be introduced that have different effects (see above point for examples)

Maps

  • Make generators visible to the person using the map (rather than having to place a beam of light first). I feel like a lot of beginner players would find use for maps for finding game objectives if this were the case. Having to place the beam of light first is confusing, and makes other survivors think something important is in that location.
  • I'd love to see the "beam of light" function be worked into a pinging system for survivors. This would help soloq SO much. We could have addons that allow you to reveal the aura of certain objects to nearby survivors if you ping them. For example, an addon that lets you reveal the aura of totems near a beam of light would allow soloq survivors to show where a hex they've found is in case the killer comes after them. Little adjustments to the addons that allow for interaction with other players would make maps really helpful for soloq survivors.
  • New addon ideas: an addon that allows you to track chests (similar to the sharpened flint for totems) would be helpful for many. An iri addon that lets you track the hatch could be interesting (iri to not encourage overuse).

Keys

  • I don't really have a ton to say about keys, to be honest. Maybe add a tip to the loading screen about being able to rummage through open chests with a yellow aura, as I almost never see people searching them after I've used a key to open them.

Overall, none of this is really super game changing, but would add some interesting variability with some of the items we are allowed to bring. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has thoughts on improvements that could be made here.

Tagged: Survivors

Comments