In need of new mechanic/ status effects part 1

After a huge break from this game, I came back recently, especially when the new killer came out. Even though it is too strong, it is incredibly fun to play and I love his design.

But as usual, most of the new perks still rely on the same status effects and the same mechanics. That is why I will post whatever ideas I have time from now on so maybe it will give the devs at least an idea for something interesting to add.

I will try to keep it simple and short so nobody gets bored by a wall of text, but of course this will leave some details open for discussion. In the end, we cannot be extremely specific about perks and mechanics made in theory. I also encourage people to point out any changes to this idea, such as requirements, duration, or area of use.

Blessed and Cursed Soil: a new mechanic for Survivors and Killers that allows them to interact with certain objects.

This mechanic could have different varieties, and all of them could be stackable, similar to boons. So it could have 2 diffrent effects at the same time if they would exist from diffrent perks.

Unlike boons, they would require conditions to activate. For example, breaking a certain number of pallets or completing an entire generator.

Cursed Soil for Killers
Cursed Soil of Suffering: After breaking two pallets or two doors, this perk becomes active. You can interact with the location of a broken door or pallet to create a four meter area around the broken object covered in black spikes. Survivors who run through the area, but not walk or crouch, lose one health state.

If survivors are already injured, they are put into Deep Wound. If survivors in Deep Wound run through the area, they are downed. The area lasts for 40/50/60 seconds depending on perk level. ( I think it should be base lenght for every perk of these type )

Blessed Soil for Survivors
Blessed Soil of Silence: After hitting two great skill checks, survivors can create a four meter area around a generator that nullifies all sounds. This include survivor grunts of pain, generator noise, etc.

This mechanic would be interesting and entertaining, and it would also allow the developers to create various interactions and push the limits of the game.

These are only two examples, but perhaps you have some interesting ideas as well, since this mechanic allows many options. For example, barbed wire on dropped pallets around a generator that also damages survivors in a similar way, or an area that grants item addons after leaving items there for a certain amount of time.

I really crave mechanics like this in the game because endless aura reveal perks are not something I am excited about and never I will be. I know these things are harder to make for the developers, but I think we deserve something better after so many years of stale perks and their repetive effects.

Tagged: Perks

Comments