My hot take
This might be a hot take but i think a way to reduce tunneling is bringing back hook grabs. Now hear me out before you think im crazy.
Most of the time when I encounter tunneling as a survivor its because someone is unhooking mid chase or right in front of the killers face. The killer then goes after the unhooked survivor instead of the survivor that did the unhooking.
When hook grabs were in the game it was incredibly dangerous to unhook in front of the killer because there was that risk of being grabbed. Now people will just do unsafe hook rescues because unless your already injured the worst that will happen is you tank an injury. More safe hook rescues could lead to less tunneling I would assume.
Now I know this wont remove tunneling but I think it could reduce it. If you have to be more strategic about when you unhook and more aware of your surroundings it can also improve survivor skill.
Let me know your opinions on this ๐
Edit: Clearly this is a hot take based on down votes lol
Comments
So... there's no correlation between hook grabs and tunneling. Hook grabs were removed as part of their "weaken face camping" whenever that was.
We had plenty of tunneling before and after hook grabs were removed, and I see no significant change in tunneling because of it.
Arguably, having no hook grabs at all should have made for a better target. Because now, instead of grabbing, you injure the unhooker and interrupt the unhook. So you have the choice between two injured survivors, but one has unhook protections and the other doesn't โฆ and people will still choose the unhooked survivor and power through endurance to get that survivor out of the game faster.
Interesting, i didnt know they removed it as part of the anti face camp changes. Which i suppose makes sense since camping for grabs was prevalent from what i remember, i did it occasionally myself back in the day ๐ .
I was thinking it could promote healthier gameplay on the survivor side and reduce bad plays because unhooking in front of the killer is generally a bad idea, but i can see your point here.
As I Hag main I approve of this and say that it is 100% the definitive way of solving the issue. Must be implemented. :)
I can certainly see why :), much needed buff for Hag xD