Why aren't the Teamwork perks activated the same way Team Skills are in 2v8 mode?

Teamwork perks are a weird concept by itself since they don't share an unique property betwen themselves unlike hex perks, and some of their effects are pretty much a copy of another perk or niche, Teamwork: Collective Stealth and Teamwork: Toughen Up are particularly bad, I have never seen any real value in regular gameplay from either of these, unless it's a youtuber with a coordenated team of 4 players with a plan (or a regular SWF but even then I have yet to see a SWF stacking Teamwork perks) since the activation and/or effect of these perks are so specific they almost never happen or have any effect.

Why aren't they all activated with the "bubble" like team skills from 2v8? Those look like a "teamwork" perk if I've ever seen one.

I am aware that some of the effects would be too strong if they were a "on demand press a button and you and your friends now don't leave scratch marks" but making the duration shorter or the cooldown longer would balance out some of the effects, also not allowing a player to have multiple teamwork perks somehow, the only teamwork perk I've seen people use is power of two and together with blood pact (two perks with similar effects and activation by the way, and only one of them is a "teamwork" perk), and it's painfun to go against since blood pact has a longer duration and so does power of two, making power of two a shorter and smaller speed boost would make this combo not as annoying.


Having a speedboost, no scratch marks, no grunts of pain and blood with the same 2v8 bubble would be busted so maybe limiting it to 1 perk per person or allowing the killer to disable the perk (like survivors can disable hex totens) could work too.

I didn't think of every possibility with this, but in general I think it would work better than what we have now, also maybe shaking things up with perks would be nice to make some weaker perks more popular.

I also am aware that his would make them even more powerful in the hands of a SWF, but maybe this can be solved by tweaking a little bit, having a "only 1 effect can be active at a time" or something like that.

Feedback on why it would or wouldn't work is apreciated
also I'm not a game dev so if I missed something very obvious that kills the idea forgive me but please let me know

Tagged: Perks

Comments

  • I mean Blood pact, cheryl's perk

  • I straight up posted this in the wrong place so feel free to ignore this one, the correct post is in Feedback aand suggestions

  • you answer why in your own post, if it was a mini-boon AoE, or anything that wasn't "You need to stay glued to this survivor". It is brokenly meta-gameable. I don't want to play against every swf having a "Boosts gen speeds by X% bubble" who proc it in ideal AoE scenarios.

  • The idea was to have the effects be shorter in general for every perk, a gen speed boost by X% would be painful indeed, prove thyself already does something like this and it is a very strong gen perk, in this situation TW: Full circuit and TW: Softspoken could give a short gen boost only to whoever applied it and/or have a X% boost not as strong as prove thyself or resilience

    I understand that having to be glued to the other survivor is what balances it in it's current state, otherwise we would have 2 survivors running at 105% and no scratch marks freely or demolishing generators each on a side of the map, but the way most of them are activated still makes the perks feel useless in most situations

    How would you make them at least more useful?

  • Honestly I wish power of two worked like when in the radius of another survivor gain 3 percent until taking damage, as opposed to find someone heal them, then hope they stay with you.

    kind of like how the new gen ones work, I really like that they just work.