Ready for those dedicated servers

Really just a vent post but I haven't played for a while due to lack of enjoyment with people's craptastic internet connections at times but I come back only to be tunneled by a pig player with a not good connection. I don't really care about the tunnel part I expect it because the pig is garbo and most of them just do it. But I went to vault a window and the game jerked me back an inch three times and she just happily continued to mosey her way to me and downed me thanks to it. 

Comments

  • Until you lose killers with gigabit tier internet in your locality and get stuck playing on a budget server 3 states away. I feel for people on bad connections but people on high speed connections that may be forced to play on garbage servers are not going to stick around long. If they spend the money and get decent servers, great, but if they do not then it's an issue.

  • Right now you might get occasional high ping players. Because the region lock was removed.
    Once the dedicated servers drop, you might end up with a permanent high ping. Since there might not be enough servers in your region. 

    @Tucking_Friggered is totally right.
    People think dedicated servers are the solution for every problem DbD has.
    But it will probably create more problems, and definitely more costs.
    I still wonder how they'll pay for the servers. 
  • This content has been removed.
  • Tsulan said:
    Right now you might get occasional high ping players. Because the region lock was removed.
    Once the dedicated servers drop, you might end up with a permanent high ping. Since there might not be enough servers in your region. 

    @Tucking_Friggered is totally right.
    People think dedicated servers are the solution for every problem DbD has.
    But it will probably create more problems, and definitely more costs.
    I still wonder how they'll pay for the servers. 
    Micro Transactions. They make tons of money from their ingame store by allowing people to buy Auric Cells to buy new killers, survivors & cosmetics.
  • Until you lose killers with gigabit tier internet in your locality and get stuck playing on a budget server 3 states away. I feel for people on bad connections but people on high speed connections that may be forced to play on garbage servers are not going to stick around long. If they spend the money and get decent servers, great, but if they do not then it's an issue.

    Rip.. 
  • @Tsulan said:
    Right now you might get occasional high ping players. Because the region lock was removed.
    Once the dedicated servers drop, you might end up with a permanent high ping. Since there might not be enough servers in your region. 

    @Tucking_Friggered is totally right.
    People think dedicated servers are the solution for every problem DbD has.
    But it will probably create more problems, and definitely more costs.
    I still wonder how they'll pay for the servers. 

    Money?

    Have you seen the price for Auric cells? And people are foolish enough to buy, it's a scam at best.

  • @Tsulan said:
    I still wonder how they'll pay for the servers. 

    That's an easy answer. Even MORE cosmetics! More DLCs!
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

  • This content has been removed.
  • I have gigabit internet so I can't relate.
  • People in my region are going to miss me :) Some of them recognize me just by the lobby ping.

    Oh, and MLGA will not be a thing anymore!

  • @Tsulan said:
    Right now you might get occasional high ping players. Because the region lock was removed.
    Once the dedicated servers drop, you might end up with a permanent high ping. Since there might not be enough servers in your region. 

    @Tucking_Friggered is totally right.
    People think dedicated servers are the solution for every problem DbD has.
    But it will probably create more problems, and definitely more costs.
    I still wonder how they'll pay for the servers. 

    Money?

    Have you seen the price for Auric cells? And people are foolish enough to buy, it's a scam at best.

    I doubt they made so much money with skins. It's no f2p game after all.
  • se05239 said:

    @Tsulan said:
    I still wonder how they'll pay for the servers. 

    That's an easy answer. Even MORE cosmetics! More DLCs!
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

    I can live with cosmetics. 
    Some look awesome but are expensive af.
  • @Ramxenoc445 said:
    Really just a vent post but I haven't played for a while due to lack of enjoyment with people's craptastic internet connections at times but I come back only to be tunneled by a pig player with a not good connection. I don't really care about the tunnel part I expect it because the pig is garbo and most of them just do it. But I went to vault a window and the game jerked me back an inch three times and she just happily continued to mosey her way to me and downed me thanks to it. 

    Tunneling is just playing optimally, do you want the killer to play garbo intentionally?

  • Master said:

    @Ramxenoc445 said:
    Really just a vent post but I haven't played for a while due to lack of enjoyment with people's craptastic internet connections at times but I come back only to be tunneled by a pig player with a not good connection. I don't really care about the tunnel part I expect it because the pig is garbo and most of them just do it. But I went to vault a window and the game jerked me back an inch three times and she just happily continued to mosey her way to me and downed me thanks to it. 

    Tunneling is just playing optimally, do you want the killer to play garbo intentionally?

    Hope that is sarcasm because i can get 4ks without tunneling 
  • @Ramxenoc445 said:
    Master said:

    @Ramxenoc445 said:

    Really just a vent post but I haven't played for a while due to lack of enjoyment with people's craptastic internet connections at times but I come back only to be tunneled by a pig player with a not good connection. I don't really care about the tunnel part I expect it because the pig is garbo and most of them just do it. But I went to vault a window and the game jerked me back an inch three times and she just happily continued to mosey her way to me and downed me thanks to it. 

    Tunneling is just playing optimally, do you want the killer to play garbo intentionally?

    Hope that is sarcasm because i can get 4ks without tunneling 

    He's still right. Tunnelling is superior when you get the equal choice, for the sole reason that a 1/2 hooked survivor is very different than a 3 hooked survivor.

    The only problem is that it's un fun for the survivor.

  • I can understand why, but at the same time cannot see how so many players think dedicated servers are going to do anything to improve the game.

    • They are going to cost the developer money increasing incentive to charge for every little thing
    • Your connection to the 'dedicated server' can still have issues
    • You will blame the 'dedicated servers' instead of the killer for your connection

    Nothing gets solved with dedicated servers. The only thing I know we do get with dedicated servers is the maintenance cost the developer will surely address with more types of micro transactions. Not that I would complain, but it's what they will do to compensate.

    Sure, dedicated servers are supposedly going to help punish players who DC. They could do that now
    Sure, they can be more reliable. In over 300+ hours of game time I have had a handful of rubber band connectivity

    They simply do not solve more issues than they will more certainly cause. Just my opinion, but I haven't heard anything to the contrary. Only players desperate for dedicated servers as if that is the key to their issue.

  • I can understand why, but at the same time cannot see how so many players think dedicated servers are going to do anything to improve the game.

    • They are going to cost the developer money increasing incentive to charge for every little thing
    • Your connection to the 'dedicated server' can still have issues
    • You will blame the 'dedicated servers' instead of the killer for your connection

    Nothing gets solved with dedicated servers. The only thing I know we do get with dedicated servers is the maintenance cost the developer will surely address with more types of micro transactions. Not that I would complain, but it's what they will do to compensate.

    Sure, dedicated servers are supposedly going to help punish players who DC. They could do that now
    Sure, they can be more reliable. In over 300+ hours of game time I have had a handful of rubber band connectivity

    They simply do not solve more issues than they will more certainly cause. Just my opinion, but I haven't heard anything to the contrary. Only players desperate for dedicated servers as if that is the key to their issue.

    less likely to lag and if so I can know its just me