Curious about how some killers act
So, as someone is still new and still struggling on both sides (Slowly getting better with Nemesis I think), I have noticed when I'm a survivor, some killers do… unusual things, I'm not sure how to describe it. I'll explain the situations I've seen.
A. On the Toba Landing map (I think that's it's name, it's the one with the weird plants and ship in the middle, generator usually on the very top of the ship), I was against a Pyramid Head who would ignore people at times, only going for kills after everyone had been hooked twice. Since I died early, I just spectated and the match went on for so long. There was a few times the Pyramid Head grabbed one of the two remaining survivors and just… didn't hook them. The survivors weren't doing much either though, basically playing hide and seek. Why did the Pyramid Head do that? Was it really just for ensuring killing everyone?
B. On The Game, it got to the end game and my teammates opened up the exit gate. As I'm carefully trying to go there, I get into a chase and go down as the others leave. The killer, a Wraith, picked me up and just dumped me at the exit and let me go. I'm not sure why and since I don't have chat due to being a console player, I couldn't even ask why.
C. Why do some killers just activate the exit gates and just… walk off? They don't even go to survivors, they just whack the gate open and do who knows what. I don't tend to complain since I always just take the exit if everyone is safe to go but for some reason a lot of survivors I've been with just… wait for no reason? I don't get why for both sides honestly. It's happened on a few occasions, one I could understand, it was clear they were struggling but the other didn't since everyone had been hooked twice and we weren't in a good spot.
So yeah… anyone got a clue for these reasons? It's more so a case of curiosity. C is the only one I have some sort of understanding for as a couple of my killer games were downright horrific, barely able to even get a hook or two on top of the survivor toxicity.
Comments
A. If there we're two left they were probably trying to get both, yes.
B. Some people accept their losses very well and let people go. I just recently had a match where I was the last left on the map, the countdown was running out, and the killler was blocking my escape. I just stood there and looked at him, and he stepped aside and let me leave. It happens. My theory is as people play more and become more bitter, they stop doing this, especially if they have end game chat and think everyone is toxic.
C. Another example of accepting a loss with dignity. Do them the favor of just leaving and don't make them wait.
A. Some killers will not kill until everyone is dead on hook as a way of playing nice (and/or challenging themselves). When only two survivors are alive, killers might not hook one so they can get the other to avoid worrying about hatch.
B. Very rare but some killers will let you go (either because they feel like it, they like you, they don’t think they earned the kill, or they respect a play you / a teammate made). That wraith just felt like letting you go.
C. Killer giving up. In most cases, they accepted their defeat and opened the exits to let everyone out. Some killers that are playing nice will do this (like in games where you are all dead on hook) but most often it is them trying to speed up the loss they think is inevitable. As for why survivors wait at the gate, if they don’t know everyone is safe they will do it to wait and maybe help. If everyone is safe then they sometimes do it as a form of BM to make the killer watch them leave.
A. So from I understood he playd kinda nice because he hooked every one twice (thats very nice act because not all killers can sometimes do that due time management or because they struggle and go for kill so its 2k at worst for them), if you mean he downed one and then tried to find the other one when two were left as last maybe he tried to ge 4k aka four kills and reason can be like he felt he deserves it or other reasons you would need to ask him directly but when killer is trying to get last two survivors both down and kill them that means he wants 4 k and he is doing it for kil streak, adept achivement or other reason because killing one means other can escape through hatch or when hatch is closed by killer he can escape through gate because its all rng so thats why he did that so he gets that 4k (he probably felt he deserves it when he 12 hooked which means he played very nice and didnt tunnel and went for kills when everyone was hooked two times on top of that).
B. Idk how many survivors escaped and what his hooks looked like but from what I understood is like 2-3 survivors escaped and he found you and decided to spare you basicaly which can happen for various reasons but mostly he accept his loss and showed mercy (you were last so he could easily hook your or even mori you on the spot), p killers are played by people and they have feelings to so sometimes they show some sympathy and mercy (to someones surprise it happens).
C. Depends what the match looked like but from your exsamples the one killer was having bad game and struggled and had no kills or solid preasure so he just gave up (survivors do that to), he didnt wanted to waste more tome trying so he just opened gate so endgame timer starts and had 2 guarantee minutes in which survivors have to leave or they die but this mostly just triggers something in survivors like curiosity or rudeness etc. so thats why some stay and try to find the killer to either to taunt him or give him their item as token or some even give these killers kill or stay so timer kills them but that depends on each person. The other one that hook everyone to death hook (2 times) and wondered around meant for some reason he didnt wanted kills maybe he saw you were to unexperienced to his skill or he wanted to be friendly Idk but happens sometimes to, thats how I see these situations but best way to understandt why it happened and that killer behaved is just to ask him dirrectly but as you mentioned you arent on pc so its not possible for you in chatt or they sometimes leave fast and dont stay in endgame screen for long or are trigered and wont tell you annyway so thats it.
There are many things like or trying to get hatch/gate from killer when you are last by crouching and droping your item as token/gift as exchange for escape and your life (doesnt work always but you can try it when you are in that situation when its possible), you can with this even try to buy you being last survivor when its two of you and both hide for hatch and killer finds you so he goes for other one (warning its not taken well by other survivors and works even less than the hatch trade when you are last one and killer is camping the hatch or has both gate switches under control from check spot or traps etc. but its possibility sometimes).
Once you've been playing for a while, you will eventually encounter the "killer winning dc." Where a killer is totally dominating a match, getting great match pressure, hooking survivors, absolutely gonna win because survivors are playing poorly, and BAM they dc. I believe some killers really look at a poorly playing team and go, "This is so easy it ain't even fun anymore. Bye, potatoes, bye." Lmao.
A: some killers will go for 12 hooks on purpose cause tunneling makes the game too easy. but outside of baby MMR most killers will tunnel and proxy camp and slug to ensure 3-4K. they may also be going for challenges or farming points.
B: some killers feel bad and let you go. again, once your MMR goes up this will happen less often.
C: they're usually just throwing to save face if they believe they're gonna lose. more often they will DC if they're losing.
this can be just a connection issue that DC's the killer involuntarily, or a cheater crashing the killer's game.