I'm quitting killer indefinitely and will not be changing my negative review on steam.
I am a killer main and I will no longer be playing killer or buying killers anymore due to the anti camp/tunnel update
Why are there rules for a killer? Makes 0 sense I'm killing people I don't want to follow rules, it is very frustrating when I return back from a break or try a new killer and I am met with the anti tunnel / anti camp, its punishing when you play the game properly and forget about it, but its also entirely removed funny builds like basement bubba.
Many times people randomly get a free health state or jump off the hook and its so frustrating when you have a build on that is bad for gen pressure and you think sweet this persons going down as I've been chasing them for a while and its going to force people off gens nope they have a random BT health state.
I only have 500 hours total on the game and have bought every killer to play and have fun with but I find myself just upset and stressed with the game mainly because of the matchmaking when im only ever versing survivors with combined 20k+ hours who know the map and distances of the back of their hand which is fine but when you factor in anti tunnel or anti camp it makes it so difficult on weaker killers like ghost face, when you can make some game changing plays at the hook and this has been eliminated entirely.
I'm truly sad to see how this game ended up with so many rules for being a killer it makes 0 sense im a criminal killing I dont follow rules, some games there are tunnel or camping killers its just how it goes but forcing killers to play a certain way has made me quit and give a bad review on steam and a few of my friends have thought about getting the game who I've recommended not buying unless you play survivor.
Until the rules are uplifted which i don't think will be I will not be returning to this game often at all and definetly not as killer and I wont be spending anymore money, it's a real shame to see the direction this games heading.
Comments
But there is no anti tunnel and the anti camp still doesnt work?
I play survivor and I feel the killers are way over powered, and take actions like slugging, tunneling and heavy body camping which takes the fun away from the game. Id be ok with it if survivors had unlimited use of their items.
it punished me alot when i got back on the other night some people were jumping off the hook on 2nd stage and getting BT when they didnt have the perk
yeah when i play survivor same happens to me i just get destroyed and so do my teamamtes but when i play killer everyone has 5k+ hours and knows everywhere to go on the map the distance to pallets and know when its safe to run etc blows my mind they play perfectly and when i only have 250 hours making the survivors more op with anti tunnel update etc
First of all with 500 hours it's pretty unlikely you even played the game entirely without any anti-tunnel and anti-facecamp because basekit bt is a thing for years now.
Second the only thing they changed is literally the duration of basekit bt and a bit the mechanic of anti-facecamp. Bt got increased by 5 second and anti-facecamp is as useless as always, never saw it doing anything since the updated version. So I don't really know what you're talking about with "rules" and that all of the sudden lol.
If you would mean the first version of the anti-tunnel and anti-slugg update this year then I'd understand, because that one actually felt horrible to play, but honestly rather because of the feeling than the stregth-aspect because it punished you even for playing right (I believe you had to have 6 hooks at least to be allowed to kill without punishment, but you could kill the first survivor by juggleling 3 of them at 5. Don't remember it anymore honestly.)
Now to your problem with the random "bt" mid chase -
There are a few options that could be your problem, containing:
Off the record, babysitter, actual bt I believe (no one uses it, no clue if it still increases the duration of the basekit bt?), dead hard or even just a styptic. There's a lot it could be.
All in all they didn't change anything really in your time playing, so I don't know why you panic so much.
I think the problem is you have relied too much on camping/tunneling and you dont have killer skills for the mmr that camping/tunneling left you at. Now that you are without those strengths you are at a dis advantage, you will lose alot of matches before your mmr corrects.
But honestly I think most people are pretty happy about losing camping.
Well its not gone it just takes some thinking than just standing next to the hook.
So, it seems people here don’t like you complaining because they experience the same for other role and think it’s only their specific struggle.
If you actually concern about following rules that much, my simple advise play other game. Not as offence or anything, it’s a simple fact people not happy with tunneling here. But as soon as you accept this is not your duty following moral codex playing assym PvP, it would be much easier for you to deal with it . Play optimally for win, don’t shame yourself and stop listening others. Just don’t be mean towards people in chat and don’t BM in game and that’s all I actually can imagine is required from you as adequate killer player. Everything else is subjective perception of your gameplay.
In regards to the anti camp you are only getting punished for that if you are staying around the hook for too long and nobody is pressuring hook (eg anti camp will stop going up if there is a survivor near the hook)
and you can still tunnel, base kit endurance has been increased so you just have to wait a bit longer to be able to hit them which can feel frustrating but being unhooked and downed straight away before you can make it to a loop is also frustrating for survivors.
side note What servers do you play on? you cant check most people profiles because they are globes (steam cant check other platforms) and annon mode you cant check at all which makes results biased as its common knowledge that if your hours are lower and you don't feel confident in chase to hide the hours to avoid tunneling.
this is the reality most killers refuse to accept, they relied on crutch tools that put them in a place where without those tools you can’t succeed.
It’s why i never relied on perks or used crutch perks in general. I refused to use old dead hard and i was right to do so because i remember the adjustment period my peers went through. I refused to use cob + eruption because i knew it was going to be gutted.
its why i can 4k with killers perkless and addonless, because i built up skills and game knowledge instead of relying on crutches that can be changed/removed at anytime. I don’t need to tunnel or camp. They’re fake pressure for low tier killers that leaves gens undefended, unless you’re playing against an altruistic squad.
When I get tunneled in my swf it never works out for the killer, my friends stick gens, leave me until last second on both hook stages, sure i may die but unless there is significant snowball we get a 3 out.
Playing both sides makes you a better player. This game would be better for everyone if we didn’t have “mains” anymore.