Trapper Buff Wishlist

These are things that would convince me to play more trapper if they got added:

A set time for survivors to escape from a trap without help, maybe 16 seconds. RNG IS BAD AND I HATE IT.

Health dependent penalties to stepping in traps:

  • Healthy (or enduring) survivors that step in a trap are able to escape from a trap, and will be hindered afterwards, rather than trapper getting haste for no reason. When a survivor gets their leg caught in jaws of steel, how are they still able to run perfectly fine afterwards? I don't like the meager haste stapled onto lower tier killers, when hinder in this case would punish the survivor that made a misplay.
  • Injured survivors that step in a trap go down immediately, and when they are picked up, the trapper collects the trap at the same time if he has room. Survivors downed this way may recover from the dying state on their own, with a mild rate penalty.

EITHER:

  • Traps that spawn around the map start out opened and highlighted in yellow to show which ones need to be moved from random spots.
  • OR survivors now sabotage traps instead of disarming them, breaking them permanently, and Trapper can reload his traps at lockers instead of going around and picking them up one by one. Trapper has a max number of traps out at a time.
  • (Neither of these are perfect tbh. I'd rather option 1.)

An addon that gives you a pallet breaking speed buff when you don't have any traps on you. I'm a sucker for pallet shredding builds. This one isn't a real suggestion it's something I like to stare off into the distance yearning for.

Comments

  • trapper just needs to be given all his traps at beginning of the match, and not forced to collect them on the map and look for places where to apply them. The limitation of carrying 2 traps must also be removed, and then it will become strong. I don't remember 6 or 8 traps right now, but the problem is that it can make some part of the map inaccessible to survivors. This will also have to be taken into account, for example, by the radius of the traps, so that 2 traps cannot be placed 8-16 meters apart. don't know