Unsportsmanlike
Lately there has been a bunch of games on the PS4 servers that killers have a "problem" ( I know it's not a banable offence). They tend to do a lot of face camping, and/or hard tunneling. I have a suggestion of possibly adding a way to put those that intentionally make games harder for both sides in lobbies with people with similar play styles. The more unsportsmanlike reports one gets they will be put in games with other people that have a similar unsportsmanlike ranking. Cleaning up the game for those that want to have fun games and those that want to be toxic and sweaty. I've seen other games implement similar ranking systems like GTA, and Overwatch. I don't want to ban them at all. Just have a rank of how competitive/ toixic you play and place you with people with similar ranks as you. Not have separate game modes but have a personal rank that other players can let the game know you play like that. Only people in your game lobby can "report" and affect your sportsmanlike rank
Let's talk about it.
Let's talk about it.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I don't believe you will get in trouble as long as you're not making up what you report. A lot of people don't know what is considered reportable and what isn't.
If you feel that way, sure, but reports for camping/tunneling just get ignored.
You can, but you will get into trouble for falsefy reporting
A way to do this without reporting would be to keep track of a players average length of matches, and then grouping people with similar match length averages. the real "sweaty" guys would likely end up with much shorter matches on average
Problem is - people could put whatever they wanted on those reports just because they didn't like something that the other player did, played nurse for example or flashlight blinded at a pallet, which are all things in the game that can be used.
I really do not see any need to implement something like this. Nor do I think it would work due to the reason I listed above.
And how many people would give a thumbs down to the person that beat them in the game? I suspect many! Which is why a system such as this would not work, sorry.
The community would abuse this feature and a swf can gang up on one person, a killer who camps can get 4 reports instantly for doing it to one, they may not do anything and just win and it could happen.
It really isn't a good idea to let this community decide who gets put into a lobby such as your suggestion, infact I would say it would be disastrous to let them.
Even if you do get face camped by then you should have gotten a gen and at minimum had a decent lasting chase which would guarantee you a safe pip and if you got hook saves and other gens before you got hooked you would pip.I actually don't mind being face camped as long as my team is doing gens and not wasting my hook states on trying to save me.