I want to show my appreciation to the sound designers of Onryo

Everything about Sadako's sound design is flawless. The pallet breaking sound, the generator breaking sound, the terror radius, lullaby, wall breaking, everything. You can hear the wave crashing just like in the 1998 movie.

I love how after 7 days we get a lil' easter egg.

I play every day and I don't see her a lot (once in 6 or 7 months) but when I do, I'm filled with joy.

It's a bummer that she's so easy to face though. Clearly the reworks weren't so successful than it ought to be.

Comments

  • They really nailed the aesthetics of the Sadako Rising Chapter. The sound design in particular is excellent. My personal favourite is her Lullaby. It's so eerie.

    I agree it's a shame that she's so weak against competent Survivors. On one hand, I'd like them to revisit her but at the same time I'm scared they'd just make the balance worse since we're now on her third live version and she's still kind of messy.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    They really nailed the aesthetics of the Sadako Rising Chapter. The sound design in particular is excellent. My personal favourite is her Lullaby. It's so eerie.

    I agree it's a shame that she's so weak against competent Survivors. On one hand, I'd like them to revisit her but at the same time I'm scared they'd just make the balance worse since we're now on her third live version and she's still kind of messy.

    I feel the same way about her. Behaviour absolutely nailed the atmopshere of Sadako Rising. The audio team in particular deserves so much credit; her Lullaby and the way her sounds layer into the map ambience are still some of the most unsettling in the game.

    As for her stength, it's definitely a tough spot. She has such a unique identity that every rework seems to fix one issue while causing another. I'd love to see her get refined so her power feels more consistent without losing that thematic creepiness. After three iterations, it's hard not to worry that another rework could swing too far in either direction.

    Still, I hope they give her a toughtful tune-up. Characters with such strong horror genres really deserve gameplay that matches their presentation.

  • Honestly, the sound design team on this game is REALLY good at their jobs. It's part of what makes Sadako feel so faithful.

    Another more recent example I'd like to highlight is Krasue. Her sound design is so gross (this is a compliment) that it genuinely makes me feel a little nauseous sometimes.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Honestly, the sound design team on this game is REALLY good at their jobs. It's part of what makes Sadako feel so faithful.

    Another more recent example I'd like to highlight is Krasue. Her sound design is so gross (this is a compliment) that it genuinely makes me feel a little nauseous sometimes.

    True. The Knight for example has great sound design as well as Nemesis punching sound and stomping his boots around.

    Plague and Krasue makes me nauseous but I think it's good because, after a while, I develop resistance to it. Horror should make me feel like this. Sure my fears never goes away but I at least build more tenacity through playing the game.

    I love horror genres. I will never stop loving horror genres.

  • The sound design and terror radius music in this game is easily my favorite thing about dbd. 💯

    On point!

    I hear and feel everyone in this thread for sure. I would love to see some adjustments for sure to her power, especially dealing with the main issue of video tapes being completely free.


    She’s a tricky one to balance for sure. Hopefully they can lay something down for her soon. ❤️

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    The sound design and terror radius music in this game is easily my favorite thing about dbd. 💯

    On point!

    I hear and feel everyone in this thread for sure. I would love to see some adjustments for sure to her power, especially dealing with the main issue of video tapes being completely free.


    She’s a tricky one to balance for sure. Hopefully they can lay something down for her soon. ❤️

    I love the new main menu music for Vee and Krasue. The music and sound designers are definitely carrying this game on their back.