Oni has a memory leak problem in the lobby
I noticed a issue with Oni while waiting to play in 2v8 queues, where after about 10 minutes the game would crash, and display this error message.
I had this happen last night on the last match I was planning on playing, and when it happened I didn't think much of it, I just called it a day and went to bed.
However, when I logged on today I had the same issue, waited in 10 minutes in the lobby as Oni, and then the game crashed with the same error.
At this point I was wondering what the issue was, I knew that people had been having this exact error since the update where the game would randomly crash. But it never occurred to me in game with any consistency, the only way I could replicate it was by waiting as Oni in the lobby.
So I did some testing, I opened up MSI Afterburner and checked my GPU's temp, I always have a Undervolt applied to save on my GPU's health, so I used the temp as a gauge to see what was happening.
Waiting as Survivor? 68 degrees
Waiting as any other Killer? 71 degrees
Playing the game? 71 to 75 degrees depending on the map and how much was happening at that exact time.
Playing as Oni? Same as above
Waiting as Oni? The temp would gradually climb, and climb, and climb until it spiked around 76 degrees and then crashed a few minutes later.
Playing as Oni, the game worked fine, but for some reason waiting with Oni selected would cause the game to gradually eat up more of my GPU's resources and then crash.
That was when I got to thinking, what would cause Oni specifically to make this happen? That was when I noticed that the temperature would spike every time Oni's blood fury lobby animation played, and the temperature would then stay a degree higher then before, and then keep climbing each time he did the animation
What this tells me is that Oni's particles aren't being unloaded in terms of the game's memory, you just can't see them after the animation's over, so they just keep stacking and stacking and stacking until the game crashes or you force them to unload via joining a Survivor match via Play While You Wait.
So…yeah, if you're planning on playing Oni, don't, it'll cause your game to crash.
G'night

Comments
Can you get me logs after you experience the crash? These need to be captured after you receive the error.
Windows Key + R to open the "Run" command.
Thank you!
Here's the log I have from today, it should have a report on the crash in it somewhere
If you launched the game after the crash, it will not be in this log, as it is overwritten every time you open the game.
I also noticed a weird game crashes as survivor in 2v8. Maybe playing against Oni is also causing a crash? Honestly haven't seen him in this 2v8 yet