My issue with how killers are nerfed

I will use the new killer as an example. Before the nerf i like how fluid the killer's game play was. Was she way too strong and need nerfs? Yes. 100%. My issue is the way that she was nerfed, was making her feel so clunky and frustrating to play AS. She is still strong but the fun factor and the nice feeling in the fluidity of the gameplay is gone. I wish that nerfs did not involve just making the killer feel like ass to play as. Because I feel like this happens with every killer that gets nerfed. There should be a way to nerf her without taking away the fun factor.

Comments

  • Yeah this is how I felt with blight back in 7.7.0 and when I truly stopped playing him. Randomly changed his collision for I guess to be more beginner friendly but in turn removed an intended feature which Mclean stated himself to be intended.

    So now he's just really boring because I'm forced to go for bump logic only instead of trying to go for flicks or actually weaving through tight spaces.

  • @greenlight96 said:

    I will use the new killer as an example. Before the nerf i like how fluid the killer's game play was. Was she way too strong and need nerfs? Yes. 100%. My issue is the way that she was nerfed, was making her feel so clunky and frustrating to play AS. She is still strong but the fun factor and the nice feeling in the fluidity of the gameplay is gone. I wish that nerfs did not involve just making the killer feel like ass to play as. Because I feel like this happens with every killer that gets nerfed. There should be a way to nerf her without taking away the fun factor.

    There should be a way to nerf her without taking away the fun factor.

    Like removing the free HugTechâ„¢ she has around loops. Make her dash harder to get free hits with.
    Give her a cooldown on dashing while changing forms, so that she can't immediately dash attack mid-transformation.
    Give her spit projectile a much longer cooldown, so that it gets less spammable.
    Nerf Chicken Head to apply the infection gradually, instead of starting fully infected.
    Reduce the FOV in third-person mode.
    And change the mushrooms to have an instant effect or a significantly reduced time to cleanse the infection instead, to give her more meaningful counterplay.

    Then she could have a few of the nerfs reverted, such as the vault recovery time.

  • There should be a way to nerf her without taking away the fun factor.

    That would mean making her infection way harder to get, so it's actually something she needs to work for and not handed on a silver platter.

    So remove auto aim, give it actually some movement penalty, way higher cooldown so you can't spam it, head form can't infect at all etc.

    If you make that, then it makes sense for headform to be strong and something where survivor is going to get downed quite quickly. But right now it's almost nonexistent requirement.

  • @Brimp said:

    Yeah this is how I felt with blight back in 7.7.0 and when I truly stopped playing him. Randomly changed his collision for I guess to be more beginner friendly but in turn removed an intended feature which Mclean stated himself to be intended.

    So now he's just really boring because I'm forced to go for bump logic only instead of trying to go for flicks or actually weaving through tight spaces.

    dude hug tech removal made blight so bland to play on console. It was so fun.

  • At least Krasue is still playable, even if a bit awkward right now. It's better than what they did to Skull Merchant (a mid-tier killer with a low pick rate) unnecessarily, who is basically unusable now with a likely garbage-level rework on the horizon.

  • @Royval said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4014214#Comment_4014214

    dude hug tech removal made blight so bland to play on console. It was so fun.

    Oh no I wasnt talking about the hug. I was talking about the slide. If you were rushing perpendicular to a wall, looked down and turned into it you could get a pre turn therefor a farther flick. With the super sticky collision added in 7.7.0 it's essentially gone now.