So how is Pyramid Head?

He got an add-on rework and some good changes a little bit ago and I recall there being some concern for him being a bit overtuned in terms of tunneling.

And there's been nothing. Absolutely nothing in regards to Pyramid Head for a good while. Is he strong? Weaker? Too oppressive? A tunneling nightmare? There is no complaint or praise so I'm curious as to what happened?

Comments

  • @dbd900bach said:

    He got an add-on rework and some good changes a little bit ago and I recall there being some concern for him being a bit overtuned in terms of tunneling.

    And there's been nothing. Absolutely nothing in regards to Pyramid Head for a good while. Is he strong? Weaker? Too oppressive? A tunneling nightmare? There is no complaint or praise so I'm curious as to what happened?

    Because indeed nothing big happened about him. And not really a lot of people enjoy playing him despite addon rework, maybe because no mobility not in demand.

    He was slightly buffed by specific add-ons that can provide optional strength and was nerfed by other terms. I made post about this really long time ago.

    For me personally? He might be stronger for new players on him if they bring add-ons, just because from the start it is not completely easy to make some M2. If playing without add-ons - he is ten times weaker, because no cheesy zoning here anymore. For his mains he has big issue now with shift w counterplay, prerun and predrop is not something he can counter with being 4.2 in charged mode. Some gen tap and baiting is more easier to play now, so this killer low-key have to tunnel even more because lack of time.

    He still can relatively easy tunnel, but low mobility provides counterplay + base kit endurance now and increased anti camp doesn't make it free. In my like 100 matches I was able to proxycam cage only once and used it for my advantage. The worst mistakes I’ve seen is really late rescues against him both on hook and cages

  • I would say he is same as before only little harder for newer players because zoning isnt that strong as before and harder for experienced players because if you miss survivors will get you into big trouble by just holding shift+W which is brainded but it works and can give you fe to few tens of seconds in chase making him much easier to genrush because many strong gen deffence perks are bind by hooks and he has no mobility.

  • The changes to him were pretty much exactly what I wanted to see. I think he's in a great spot now.