What are your opinions on Myers?
Do you like his current power more, or was the old one better?
Is he too weak? Is he too strong? Is he interactive?
Do you like his new add-ons?
Does he need buffs? Nerfs? Changes?
What do you think?
My personal opinion is that he is not higher than a B tier killer, and some buffs should definitely happen, especially in areas which were nerfed from his original form.
His new add-ons are pretty eh for the most part. There are 2-3 that should have been basekit, some absolutely awful ones (looking at you, Jewelry Box), some that are neat, and some really good ones (Hairbrush, Tombstone Piece, Blond Hair)
If I could do anything about his design, I would give him a few buffs, and further expand his old power by designating more than just one add-on to it, which could give us a neat dual power situation.
Details here:
@SoGo said:
Hello, Myers players old and new, enjoyers and mains!
As we all know, the 9.2.0 update has brought upon us a Myers rework. This rework has, most notably, tacked on a rather... generic dash power onto Myers instead of his normal Tier 3.
Personally, I would be in favor of completely scrapping the lunge, BUT I know that the dev team has spent a lot of time on him and that many players adore the new Myers.
And so, I present a compromise. Give The Shape a dual power set. To explain. Keep his new fancy dash, but also keep the old Tier 3 and expand it's uses by dedicating a bigger portion of the add-ons to it. (Similar to old Freddy's Snare/Pallet add-ons). For the rest of this post, I will refer to old Tier 3 as Evil Within Mode.
Here are the changes:
General changes:
• Increase the Stalk range to 40 meters.
• Evil Incarnate Mode now lasts 60 seconds.
• Evil Incarnate Mode now requires 7 Stalk Points to activate.
• The Tier Up Warning sound will only play once the stalk meter has been filled to 80%.
• Remove the Warning sound that plays once you fill the Stalk meter.Evil Incarnate Mode (Dash Power):
• Return the maximum bonus Strike duration to 1,125 seconds.
• Remove the audio que that plays once you start charging up Slaughtering Strike.Evil Within Mode (Exposed Power):
• Whenever this mode is active, the stun and pallet break durations are reduced by 20%.Add-ons:
Tacky Earrings:
• Unlocks Evil Within Mode.
• When you enter Evil Within Mode, the most stalked survivor becomes the Obsession.Boyfriend's Memo:
• Unlocks Evil Within Mode.
• During the last 15 seconds of Evil Within Mode, your movement speed increases by 5%.Jewelry:
• Unlocks Evil Within Mode.
• Decreases the cooldown of succesful basic attacks by 8% while in Evil Within Mode.Scratched Mirror:
• Decreased the rarity to Uncommon.Mirror Shard:
• Now also reduces the cooldown between uses of Slaugtering Strike by 1,5 seconds.Jewelry Box:
• Unlocks Evil Within Mode.
• Whenever you fully fill up the Stalk meter, all survivors in a 32 meter radius scream and reveal their locations.Lock Of Hair:
• Unlocks Evil Within Mode.
• Extends the duration of Evil Within Mode by 12 seconds after every succesful basic attack.
• Slows down the bleed out timer of all survivors by 20% while you're in the Evil Within Mode.Fragrant Tuft of Hair:
• Unlocks Evil Within Mode.
• Unlocks the ability to switch from Pursuer to Evil Within Mode without Stalking after filling up the Stalk meter once.
• Unlicks the ability to switch from Evil Within Mode to Stalker Mode.
• Increases the amount of Stalk needed to unlock Evil Within Mode by 300%.
• Revert the rarity back to Visceral.Add-ons that work with both modes:
Tombstone Piece, J. Myers Memorial, Vanity Mirror, Scratched Mirror, Judith's Journal, Dead Rabbit, Blond Hair, Memorial FlowerAdd-ons that would only work with Evil Incarnate Mode:
Judith's Tombstone, Glass Fragment, Reflective Fragment, Mirror Shard, Hairbrush, Hair BowAdd-ons that would only work with Evil Within Mode:
Tacky Earrings, Boyfriend's Memo, Jewelry, Jewelry Box, Lock of Hair, Fragrant Tuft of Hair
Comments
I just played with him.
He definitely feels better now.
The movement speed during the entering animation being normal is a great thing.
It indeed covers the bases but most of his different playstyles are still unjustifiably gone. He went from the killer with the most versatile and impactful addons to a killer with basically only two builds now.
They should have left the tier 3 mode as is without the stupid changes and slaughtering strike should have been an addon. Slaughtering Strike replacing tier 3 was an extremely stupid idea but I genuinely think Slaughtering Strike would have worked as apart of some sort of counterpart red addon to the now red Scratched Mirror. Like, an addon which alter his playstyle to incentivize aggression and buff up his pursuer mode or something. Honestly I really don't understand why they didn't go the route expanding off of his original versatility. The mode switching is a great idea and would have also allowed for them to expand expanding on his versatility. As is the mode switch doesn't even do that itself.
There wasn't any reason to change his tier 3 at all either, and making him only be able to stalk survivors by standing in their face effectively just makes his power a ######### version of Ghost Face's on top of actively pulling away from the entire appeal and flavor of playing Myers in the first place; just standing there menacingly staring the survivors down or around a corner as the survivors approach or suddenly bursting into a terrifying pursuit out of nowhere.
Also on a broader note, the Myers rework is bizarre to me in how whatever team worked on it appears to have obsessed way too much over "balancing" his power to the point of overkilling most of it. Like what was the point of the weapon wipe when tier 3 mode initiates? To balance it out so he can't just down people? You already have to stalk people to charge it up and THEN wait for Slaughtering Strike's windup (which also slows your movement speed) Before getting any value out of the power. Why is the vault speed boost while in pursuer mode so low that it is literally imperceivable, hell most benefits of pursuer mode basically existent in general. There is much in the way of doing anything of getting any value out of his power that it might as well not exist unless you play the funny 4.4 Scratched Mirror build. He is effectively just Pig but is gigantic, doesn't crouch down, has no beartraps, and with no sneak attack only normal m1.
Dont think hard about it remember krasue is solid a-tier on ptb and they buff her in her release and give her dash turn rate but nerf mayers version from ptb and reduce his turn rate so its just bhvr moment like nurse is strong and problematic but lets nerf pig first because its right choice something like that.
Genuinely what reason is there to remove the stalk meter decaying after not having stalked for 20 entire seconds other than skill issue
i dont understand why they just didnt buff him instead of this dash rework. Why not just give him basekit coup on tier 3 if you wanted him to have a long melee. I want Halloween Ends Michael out of here give us Full power Classic Michael back.
I looked at his changes they did recently. Even if I still hate with all my heart what they conceptually did with his power, I can’t deny that he is much stronger than his previous version
Honestly, why we need buffing dash for him when we have pig.
Hes definitely a balanced killer now, though in some situations getting zoned by a Slaughtering Strike pallet break could be your downfall pretty quickly thanks to the pretty much nothing cooldown.
he has turned from awful to play to awful to play against they absolutely overdid these buffs omg you cannot make any distance now almost nothing you do matters in chase and it's gonna be worse once they completely remove his sensitivity cap or whatever.
Based on what I've seen, he seems really unfun to play against now. I'm seeing a lot of 5 gen Abandons against him in my future.
By this point, I'm not sure.
Before, I'd say: Oh it's likely because they know people like dash killers so they made him one.
But now? The dash is very much like a lunge, so I don't see the point.
I don't think that the sensitivity cap is the issue here.
I think that your problems come from the overall speed increases he got.
I didn't call for nerfs, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. 😤
But having the upper hand in every pallet race just seems really miserable for solo, considering he's a very common Killer to encounter as is. I don't see that pallet update lasting very long either, so he'll dominate most trials when he already does pretty well as is.
To me it feels like a failed rework. Succeeded at making him jump up the tier list a bit for sure, but failed at skill expression, build variety, interesting counterplay, etc. A successful rework is freddy or knight. a failed rework is myers. just adding a dash wasn't the right decision imo.
I like the buffs he just got. Played him a little yesterday and he seems at least better and more fun. It's gonna be really interesting to see how he will feel when they remove the turp cap on slaughtering strike completely. But I've yet to go against really good survivors, and I did notice he struggled on maps with a lot of safe tiles still.