Rift pass challenges total is broken

1000004045.jpg

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Rift pass challenges total is broken. It says I have only done 29 rift quests, but as you can see from the image, I have done 40/49. Not the 29 shown in the broken total.

PLATFORM: PS5

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • There's already a bug report for this here:

    @FusselTeddy said:

    SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Rift Challenges completed are desynced

    PLATFORM: PC

    STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: just play the game, the challenges done and those who count are desynced. In my case 7 weekly challenges completely done, so 5 * 7 = 35, then add 4 * 2 = 8, so 43 challenges done in total

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0NQD33CCSBQR/20250926174346-1.jpg

    but only 34 challenges are counted

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WRH1W4LS4AJ3/20250926174359-1.jpg

    PLAYER LOGS:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D9ZCEVVN7ODZ/deadbydaylight.log

    I also opened a ticket for this bug, and I received this response:

    rift-pass-rewards.png

    I really hope that's wrong, because if it's correct it means players are required to complete every single Rift Pass challenge to get that final reward. (Every week, there are 5 quests, and one of those is always "Complete 3 quests." With 10 weeks, that equals 40 quests that count towards the 40 Rift Pass Quest(s) challenge.) Personally, I don't find sitting in a long killer queue so I can kick gens 15 times in one match to be a fun experience. The Tomes did not require players to complete every single challenge to earn the reward(s) at the end, they let players pick and choose a path, and the main Tomes weren't limited time like the new Rift Pass quests are.

    I'd rather have an actual challenge than the "Complete 3 quests" freebie if it allowed me to not have to do every single quest in the Rift Pass for the final reward. This is absolutely terrible design, I don't understand how BHVR doesn't have someone on staff to make sure player experience is taken into account for these things.

  • Not a bug. The “complete 3 quests” challenge is not counted for the rift pass completion quests.