Why were lights added to Generator Pistons?

Just wondering, I like the look but curious why the change? Also when did this occur? I didn't see any mention in the patch notes from this week. Thanks.

Comments

  • They were initially added as part of the anti-tunnel unique hook buffs, because the pistons would light on fire when you had basekit pop available after unique hooking a survivor.

    Why they didn't back it out with the anti-tunnel, I don't know, but I suppose in some respects it's a very minor killer buff because a killer player can now more easily tell a gen's progress further away.

  • @Jarky said:

    They were initially added as part of the anti-tunnel unique hook buffs, because the pistons would light on fire when you had basekit pop available after unique hooking a survivor.

    Why they didn't back it out with the anti-tunnel, I don't know, but I suppose in some respects it's a very minor killer buff because a killer player can now more easily tell a gen's progress further away.

    or a minor survivor buff that now survivors can see the moving pistons easier they know to avoid running directly to the gen iim ok if the killer is chasing them

  • It's been hella helpful to me as killer because I can see what's chugging from far away. Maybe it will help survivors who don't know the layout well spot gens too.

  • I love the lights from an accessibility perspective, very helpful for both sides <3 we need more changes like this

  • Really good change.

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4007560#Comment_4007560

    or a minor survivor buff that now survivors can see the moving pistons easier they know to avoid running directly to the gen iim ok if the killer is chasing them

    It seems kinda helpful for both sides

  • It's a huge buff for killers. I can now see from a great distance which generators have progress, it saves time by avoiding running across map to a generator with little progress.

  • This change was totally fine addition in my opinion helps both sides.